Senior Technician PipefitterRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 18358 Apply
As a Senior Technician, Pipe Fitter you will follow Preventative Maintenance plans contributing to and performing process improvements to equipment, responding to emergency equipment breakdowns, preparing complete and accurate systems records, and an understanding of LEAN principals. Available position on 12 hour day shift.
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals.
SC Johnson’s total compensation packages are at or above industry levels. In addition to salary, total packages may include bonuses, long-term incentives, matching 401(k) contributions and profit sharing based on company profitability, job level and years of service. As a family company, we’re committed to providing benefits such as subsidized health care plans, maternity/paternity/adoption leave, flexible work arrangements, vacation purchase options, recreation and fitness centers, childcare, counseling services and more.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Technicians will be involved in making proper judgments to determine the appropriate actions to take whenever direct or indirect intervention is required on equipment and resolution of equipment malfunctions.
- Team members must be able to work independently as well as with a high level of interaction in both small and large and group situations and will be required to participate constructively in team meetings, team consensus decision making, problem solving, root cause analysis and with the performance appraisal process.
- Team members must demonstrate a willingness and ability to learn, teach others and to take responsibility and ownership for various aspects of the manufacturing process.
- A strong work ethic, attention to detail and ability to handle multiple priorities is critical for the success of the individual and the team as a whole.
- Repair and perform maintenance on a wide variety of equipment (production machines and process equipment), using strong troubleshooting skills
- Communicate internally with contacts outside the work group to exchange work related information.
- Applicant must be able to stand, walk, kneel, climb stairs, and ladders, lift and use hands and fingers for a variety of tasks.
- Applicant must be physically fit: able to work in high places on ladders and lifts and be physically and mentally capable of working in confined spaces.
- Current knowledge or background in the pipefitting trade with strong pipefitting skills.
- This role may can include other responsivities such as daily management, resource management, spare parts inventory, or maintenance skill set development.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies
- Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a related field, including repair maintenance of steam & condensate systems and repair maintenance of facility water & sewer systems
- Minimum of one year’s experience assembling and securing pipes, tubes, fittings, and related equipment, according to specifications, by welding, brazing, cementing, soldering, and threading joints.
- Minimum of one year’s experience attaching pipes to walls, structures and fixtures, such as radiators or tanks, using brackets, clamps, tools or welding equipment.
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies
- Inspect, examine, and test installed systems and pipelines, using pressure gauge, hydrostatic testing, observation, or other methods.
- Demonstrates competencies in utilizing blueprints, P&ID schematics to accurately make changes when modifications are made to repair facility and production equipment.
- State welding certifications – working towards after 2-years
- High degree of initiative, good interpersonal and communication skills, a strong customer service orientation, and be willing to work effectively with people of diverse, social & educational backgrounds.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once
- Solve problems of a recurring nature; team resource to analyze and solve complex technical problems and delivers solutions. Resolves issues with limited technical support or supervisory approval
- Cut, thread, and fit pipe to specifications, using tools such as saws, cutting torches, and pipe threaders and benders.
- Measure and mark pipes for cutting and threading.
- Lay out full scale drawings of pipe systems, supports, and related equipment, following blueprints.
- Plan pipe system layout, installation, or repair according to specifications.
- Select pipe sizes and types and related materials, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders, according to specifications.
- Cut and bore holes in structures, such as bulkheads, decks, walls, and mains, prior to pipe installation, using hand and power tools.
- Modify, clean, and maintain pipe systems, units, fittings, and related machines and equipment, following specifications and using hand and power tools.
- Install automatic controls used to regulate pipe systems
- Inspect work sites for obstructions and to ensure that holes will not cause structural weakness.
- Operate motorized pumps to remove water from flooded manholes, basements, or facility floors.
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice as assigned by the Manager. The job description does not constitute a contract of employment and the position remains at-will.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.