Shift Supervisor (3rd shift)Racine, Wisconsin Job ID 12901 Apply
The Shift Supervisor will manage the production activities of shift team members while promoting and enforcing SH&E and quality standards with production teams. This individual will evaluate and mentor team members to increase productivity and inspire positive morale on the plant floor.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a full time, 3rd shift position Sunday to Thursday 10:30pm-7:30am and occasional weekend support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises shift team members; ensuring productivity, safety, and product quality.
- Maintains the weekly production schedules and mediate any staffing or mechanical issues.
- Builds the team through training, development, and positive reinforcements.
- Ensures plant production targets are achieved.
- Manage labor staffing and planning for a shift, including flow-to-work needs to support business.
- Delegates work assignments and perform standup meetings.
- Completes performance reviews for team members within area of responsibility.
- Maintains employee records, compliance documentation and approves timecards.
- Follows existing protocols and enforces internal policies.
- Assists in the resolution of employee conflict and discipline issues as they occur while striving for consistency and fairness.
- Conducts on-shift safety, quality, and production incident investigations.
- Key contact for all Waxdale emergency issues as they arise on shift.
- Partner with support functions and key personnel to keep them apprised of shift-related activity.
- Participate in task forces and core groups that resolve Waxdale shift-related issues.
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace in accordance with SCJ policies, procedures, and in line with SCJ core values.
- Own performance management write-ups and reviews for shift operators.
- Conduct investigations and administer disciplines as needed.
- Courage - Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said.
- Self-Development - Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels.
- Dealing with Ambiguity - Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
- Integrity & Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Interpersonal Savvy - Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
- Priority Setting - Providing direction, delegating, and removing obstacles to get work done.
- Drive for Results - Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances.
- Decision Quality - Make good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Developing Direct Reports - Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization's goals.
- Building Effective Teams - Build strong teams that apply diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Delegation - Giving others authority, responsibility, and autonomy to make decisions and execute tasks or assignments.
- 5+ years working in a manufacturing environment.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Associates or Bachelors degree.
- 1+ years in a leadership role.
- Demonstrated experience working within a continuous improvement environment in the areas of production, quality and Lean manufacturing principles.
- Open, honest communication style with interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Assertive self-starter with high initiative and ability to prioritize effectively.
- Solid organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver effective coaching and mentoring.
- Knowledge of all areas of operation at Waxdale.
- Ability to identify actionable, business critical goals that can be influenced by business work teams.
- Ability to convert goals into actions and execute for results.
- Team player who enjoys working with others and gets satisfaction from seeing others perform well.
- Experience leading high performance work teams.
- Knowledge of plant preventative, predictive and corrective maintenance activities.
- Ability to work 3rd shift Sunday to Thursday 10:30pm-7:30am and occasional weekend support.
- Working conditions may involve lifting of materials and product up to 50 pounds.
- Requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to, eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, and steel toed work boots.
- Exposure to noise and subject to regular bending, twisting, and reaching.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunityand affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at262-260-3343or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law posterfor more information.