Sr. Analyst, Cost AccountingRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 23711 Apply
SC JOHNSON IS A FIFTH-GENERATION FAMILY COMPANY BUILT ON THE SPIRIT OF OUR PEOPLE. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building iconic brands that win the hearts and minds of consumers – such as Raid®, Glade®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country around the world. Together, we are creating a better future – for the planet, for future generations and for every SCJ team member. Join our winning team of Wave Makers and Go Getters and help us write the next chapter in the SCJ story.
As the Sr. Analyst, Cost Accounting you will report to the Manager, Cost Accounting NA. This is a highly collaborative position both within Finance (Supply Chain & Global Product Supply finance) and cross-functionally (Procurement, Supply Chain, Commercial Finance). The position is responsible for product level cost of sales (COS), analysis and reporting of manufacturing variances, supporting cost savings and ad hoc projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop accurate product level cost standards in accordance with the Global Costing Methodology
- Responsible for COS budgeting, including preparing annual burden studies, performing product costing in SAP and analyzing/presenting year-over-year changes in costs to brand finance
- Analyze monthly COS variances, identify/resolve issues and prepare monthly commentary and reporting
- Participate in project teams in support of new product launches (MEAs), product changes and cost savings initiatives by developing COS estimates and financial analysis
- Utilize C$AVE to monitor cost savings projects, quantify impact to COS and ensure alignment with the Global Cost Savings Policy
- Provide financial support and analysis for Global Value Management (teardowns and ad hoc projects)
- Provide financial support to Brand Finance to ensure clear translation of COS from manufacturing to the business P&Ls
- Prepare monthly forecast for COS variance accounts
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- BBA Finance or Accounting required and a minimum 1 year experience or military experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of SAP, BW, and BPC helpful
- Full time position based at Sam’s West in Racine, WI
- Remote work is available once a week for eligible employees
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.