Sr. Analyst, Cost AccountingRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 23701 Apply
Lifestyle Brands (the LSB) is a growing house of like-minded brands under the SC Johnson umbrella including Method®, Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day®,Babyganics® andEcover®. Headquartered in San Francisco with additional operations in Chicago and throughout Europe, the LSB is home to 650 employees. Together we act as a force for bold, transformative growth with a focus on delivering positive impact for people and the planet. If you’re into pioneering the future and doing good while doing business, come join us.
The LSB is part of SC Johnson, a family-owned company and leading manufacturer of household cleaning, home storage, air care, pest control and shoe care products, as well as professional products. Originally founded in 1886 and headquartered in Wisconsin, U.S.A., SC Johnson and the Lifestyle Brands division are at work for a better world.
As the Sr. Analyst, Cost Accounting Lifestyles you will report to the Associate Manager, Cost Accounting Lifestyles. This is a highly collaborative position both within Finance (Supply Chain & Global Product Supply finance) and cross-functionally (Procurement, Supply Chain, Commercial Finance). The position is responsible for supply chain (SC) analysis and reporting of other distribution (OD), and cost savings (C$AVE), and management of capital budgeting RDC network.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop accurate product level cost standards in accordance with the Global Costing Methodology
- Responsible for COS budgeting, including preparing annual burden studies, performing product costing in SAP and analyzing/presenting year-over-year changes in costs to brand finance
- Analyze monthly COS variances, identify/resolve issues and prepare monthly commentary and reporting
- Participate in project teams in support of new product launches (MEAs), product changes and cost savings initiatives by developing COS estimates and financial analysis
- Utilize C$AVE to monitor cost savings projects, quantify impact to COS and ensure alignment with the Global Cost Savings Policy
- Provide financial support and analysis for Global Value Management (teardowns and ad hoc projects)
- Provide financial support to Brand Finance to ensure clear translation of COS from manufacturing to the business P&Ls
- Prepare monthly forecast for COS variance accounts
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- BBA Finance or Accounting and a minimum 1 year of experience or military experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement
- Qualified candidates must be authorized to work in the United States
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of SAP, BW, and BPC helpful
- Full time position based at Sam’s West in Racine, WI
- Remote work is available once a week for eligible employees
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.