Sr. Analyst, FP&A-ManufacturingRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 24145 Apply
SC JOHNSON IS A FIFTH-GENERATION FAMILY COMPANY BUILT ON THE SPIRIT OF OUR PEOPLE. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building iconic brands that win the hearts and minds of consumers – such as Raid®, Glade®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country around the world. Together, we are creating a better future – for the planet, for future generations and for every SCJ team member. Join our winning team of Wave Makers and Go Getters and help us write the next chapter in the SCJ story.
As the Sr. Analyst, FP&A NA Manufacturing you will report to the Finance Manager – North America Manufacturing and is responsible for supporting manufacturing sites across GCB and LSB, driving consistent approach, and improvement opportunities. The position will also have financial oversight and support projects for a portion of the Waxdale manufacturing site. This position is based out of Racine, WI.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with manufacturing finance and site leadership across North America GCB and LSB plants to provide insights drive consistent approach, and improvement opportunities
- Partner with Waxdale site management and have responsibility of delivering Waxdale budgeted functional and manufacturing expenses
- Provide analytical support and leadership on various plant projects such as: Lean manufacturing, crew utilization, capacity planning, capital investments, staffing analysis
- Develop and ensure that product costs are accurate and in accordance with the global costing methodology, including leadership of Waxdale COS budgeting (functional budget, annual burden study and SAP costing)
- Perform month end close processes including journal entries and COS variance analysis, with ability to identify, communicate and action key issues
- Provide a monthly P&L forecast (COF) which details: paced volumes, functional expenses, manufacturing variances (efficiency/material) and absorption projections all linked to the S&OP process
- Maintain process controls encompassing all elements of COS accounting, including ownership, balance sheet reconciliations, inventory controls, capital vs. expense determination and SOAR documentation
- Support margin improvement strategies, including cost savings (ensuring alignment with Global Cost Savings Policy), translation to the P&L, achievement of cost savings targets and DTV (support for Design to Value leadership team and oversight for DTV teardowns and analysis)
- Manage capital funds including reviewing business cases for capital spending and facilitating capital planning meetings
- Additional cross functional interfaces will include: Fixed Assets, Cost, Commercial Finance, Planning, Accounts Payable, Engineering, Strategy, and Tax
- Provide timely, relevant and actionable reporting of key performance measures
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- BBA Finance or Accounting with a minimum of 3 years’ experience or military experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of the organization
- Familiarity with BPC, SAP, and BW
- Ability to implement and monitor internal controls and develop process improvements.
- Ability to work independently and effectively manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Experience in cost management, significant analytical projects, and fundamental accounting
- Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Proven, successful track record showing steady increase in responsibilities
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally and make meaningful contributions to a team. Ability to influence, lead projects and effectively collaborate to achieve objectives and produce results
- Full time position based at Waxdale in Racine, WI
- Remote work is available once a week for eligible employees
SC Johnson’s total compensation packages are at or above industry levels. In addition to salary, total packages may include bonuses, long-term incentives, matching 401(k) contributions and profit sharing based on company profitability, job level and years of service. As a family company, we’re committed to providing benefits such as subsidized health care plans, maternity/paternity/adoption leave, flexible work arrangements, vacation purchase options, recreation and fitness centers, childcare, counseling services and more.
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.