Sr. Analyst, Operations ManagementRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 12371 Apply
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountability for defined business objectives and people management responsibilities.
- Ability to make tough decisions and convert business strategy into action.
- The incumbent is charged with meeting safety, quality, cost, productivity & environmental goals through the promotion and support of his/her work team(s).
- Participate in the resolution of line issues for all lines within an area (i.e. overtime, flow to work, contract labor, etc.).
- Coach team members on all shifts to work together toward common goals, support high inter-shift communication and mutual respect.
- Lead labor staffing and planning for an Area.
- Ensure communication of shift safety, quality, schedule adherence, cost, and OEE metrics on a daily basis to the production teams.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of personal conduct and work ethic.
- Lead problem solving activities and work to build capabilities of Lean Systems including APT and Loss Team Coaching.
- Seek opportunities for Lean and other Operational Initiatives.
- Key contact for all Waxdale emergency issues as they arise.
- Deliver continuous improvement activity projects in support of key metrics in safety, quality, productivity, and cost.
- Work with support functions (i.e. facilities, engineering, IS, security, cafeteria, employee training center, medical center, MHG, SHEQ, etc) as needed to coordinate activities on shift.
- Interpret and insure compliance of all company and HR policies and procedures.
- Assist in the resolution of employee conflict and discipline issues as they occur while striving for consistency and fairness.
- Participate in task forces and core groups that resolve Waxdale issues.
- Oversee and ensure the training and development of the team is progressing effectively.
- Develop effective communication channels with necessary personnel to keep them apprised of shift related activity.
- Coach, support and partner with Team Lead Specialists (TLS); Attend the monthly TLS meetings.
- Creativity and innovation are encouraged in working to meet customer needs in a highly effective manner.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Minimum four (4) years of relevant work experience including two years of experience in leading teams.
- Demonstrated experience working within a continuous improvement environment in the areas of production, quality and Lean manufacturing principles.
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Advanced degree.
- Proficient in SAP.
- Demonstrated understanding of root cause analysis and team problem-solving.
- Demonstrated ability to positively influence & manage change.
- Open, honest communication style with interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Assertive self-starter with high initiative and ability to prioritize effectively.
- Solid organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver effective coaching and mentoring.
- Ability to identify actionable, business critical goals that can be influenced by business work teams.
- Ability to convert goals into action-oriented initiatives, and the wherewithal to execute accordingly.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cost savings initiatives and productivity improvement opportunities.
- Packaging, Process, and Maintenance experience is a plus.
- Full-time with ability to work on 2nd and/or 3rd shift.
- Working conditions may involve lifting of materials and product up to 50 pounds.
- Requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to, eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, and steel toed work boots.
- Exposure to noise and subject to regular bending, twisting, and reaching.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunityand affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at262-260-3343or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law posterfor more information.