Sr Analyst - Quality EngineeringRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 11291 Apply
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate on product development teams to ensure quality is driven into the product and manufacturing process at early stages of product development
- Participate in CAPA/Escalated Issues/GEN23/GEN28/Consumer Complaints/Waivers and other problem resolution teams
- Collaborate on Microbial Assessments in 3PM´s and suppliers
- Participate in the definition of product specific defects/AQLs
- Create Quality Control Plans and process mapping PFMEA´s
- Develop product related quality success criteria, PLQ (production line qualification)/PPV (Product and Process Validation)/ Molded Parts Qualification plans, etc.
- Ensure that the pre-commercialization quality activities are completed by actively participating on project teams, Technical Reviews and other forums.
- Lead PLQ´s/parts qualification/ Molded Parts Qualification/Quality System Qualifications at 3PM´s and Suppliers
- Participate in FTA and other hazard identification techniques
- Supervise, support and assist on any activity related to Quality topics of potential and current 3PM´s and suppliers located in the Americas Region
- Support any Quality activity related to imported FG or materials to the NA Region (Containment in Americas and escalation/collaboration with the exporting Region). Make timely decisions concerning nonconforming materials, products and processes to ensure that the company meets its safety, quality and business objectives.
- Develop and complete SQA, product compliance, layered audits, and deep product testing for assigned 3PM´s and suppliers
- Support SCJ´s Kosher Program
- Identify methods and technologies to improve quality and productivity
- Use statistical techniques to develop and improve products and processes
- Responsible for practicing SCJ Safety, Health & Environment guidelines in daily work; consider Safety, Health & Environment aspects and impacts when developing plans, methods or procedures
review of consumer complaint data
- Collaborate with a variety of departments within the company; major contacts include Procurement, RD&E, Legal, Product Supply, Logistics, Marketing and others.
- Communicate with external stakeholders to include managers and technical representatives of suppliers/3PM´s to communicate SCJ´s requirements, resolve problems and obtain information on materials and processes used in the manufacture of products, or on items and equipment used in the Quality Assurance laboratories.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (or combination of other degree and relevant experience to be evaluated)
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Knowledge of applied statistics including process capability, sampling, qualitative and quantitative data analysis, Acceptance and Sampling.
- Experience on Quality system auditing: ISO 9001:2008/2015
- Experience in supplier development and auditing
- Relevant quality/engineering experience. Quick understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Experience with high-volume consumer products
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) in a technical discipline (min degree in-process advanced plus relevant experience)
- 1-3 years in supplier quality
- Experience with high-volume consumer products
- Experience in Pharma or Automotive industry
- Preventive Quality tools (PAPP, FMEA, DOE, etc)
- ASQ Certification (CQE, CRE) or willing to obtain within 2 years
- Relevant Quality Engineering / Production process knowledge
- Preventive Quality tools (Control Plans, Statistical process control, etc.)
- Microbiology and sanitary equipment and installations knowledge
- Applied Statistics
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- High degree of initiative and integrity
- Knowledge of SCJ Safety, Health & Environment guidelines, objectives and targets
- Understanding of product development lifecycles, design change and document change control, product and process verification and validation methodologies, and manufacturing / production process control methodologies
- Effective communication within all levels of the organization around design verification and validation activities; production &process controls; Corrective & Preventive Action (CAPA), consumer complaints, and product improvement activities.
- Full Time
- Willingness to travel (up to 25%).
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunityand affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at262-260-3343or email your request toSCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law posterfor more information.