Sr. Analyst,SHE Safety & Health, Emergency Response Team - WaxdaleRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 12162 Apply
The Sr. Analyst is responsible for the planning, training, response and supervision for all aspects of emergency response including fire, hazardous materials and confined space/high-angle rescue at the Waxdale site. The Senior Analyst provides leadership and direction to the approximately 40 members of the Waxdale emergency response team (fire brigade). Additionally, this individual will passionately convey SCJ’s commitment to providing a safe and healthy workplace and protection of the environment. While this role involves direct and participative action in emergency response activities, this role will serve as a champion for the recognition and prevention of the conditions and behaviors that can lead to incidents. Finally, the Senior Analyst will collaborate with plant engineering and maintenance team members to acquire a working knowledge of fire detection and suppression systems located at the Waxdale complex including system operation and maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the liaison with local, state or federal emergency response agencies.
- Manages development and maintenance of training processes for new and existing emergency response team members to ensure that required training is defined, addresses required content and is tracked to completion.
- Supports completion of inspections, testing and preventive maintenance for both fixed and portable emergency response equipment and maintains required documentation.
- Facilitates the completion of post-incident response reviews and partners with the SHE team and site leadership to confirm that improvement opportunities are effectively deployed across the site in a timely manner.
- Collaborates with the Waxdale medical center on management of medical emergency response protocols.
- Partners with the site SHE team to interpret requirements and prepare standards to maintain compliance with applicable fire protection and emergency response regulatory requirements.
- Provide technical support to the site SHE team to develop, maintain and deliver employee training on topics such as evacuation, fire extinguisher use, confined space entry and hazard communication.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Associates degree in a technical field
- Current certification at the Hazmat Technician level
- 5+ year’s relevant safety, fire protection or emergency response experience
- Experience managing compliance with OSHA Subpart L (Fire Protection)
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational safety, fire protection or chemical engineering
- The following training/certifications are preferred or should be acquired in a timely manner:
- Firefighter I (NFPA 1001) or Industrial Interior Firefighting (NFPA 1081)
- Fire Instructor I (NFPA 1041)
- Fire Officer I (NFPA 1021)
- Driver/Operator – Pumper (NFPA 1002)
- Incident Command System (ICS) or National Incident Management System (NIMS)
- Confined space and high angle rescue operations
- Experience supporting compliance with 29 CFR 1910.119 (process safety management of highly hazardous chemicals) and 29 CFR 1910.120 (hazardous waste operations and emergency response)
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to clearly and concisely present information to stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Ability to effectively interact with others, establishing open, candid and trusting relationships to create win/win outcomes
- Full-time core office hours
- Ability to be on-call for night/weekend training and emergency response activities
- Up to 10% domestic travel may be required
- Work in an office/classroom environment will be approximately 50% of time
- Work in a manufacturing environment will be approximately 50% of time
- Ability to pass a medical evaluation and respirator fit test to perform emergency response activities
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned
at any time with or without notice as assigned by the Manager. The job description
does not constitute a contract of employment and the position remains at-will.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunityand affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at262-260-3343or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law posterfor more information.