Sr. Associate, Project Mgmt, ProductsRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 16488 Apply
- The Senior Associate, Project Manager, Products (GPM) is responsible for delivering projects in the End-to-End (E2E) New Product Development (NPD) process. This position will guide the team through the NPD Process, ensuring deliverables, success criteria, timing, and risk/mitigation profile is clear and executed.
- This role has accountability for identification of process or principle deviations, initiating trade-off and escalation discussions, and leveraging the visual performance management process to maintain project progress to goals. The GPM drives integration with the regional execution, aligned with business commitments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage projects through the SCJ processes and best practices. Develop timelines, key milestones, and risk identification and mitigation plans to achieve project objectives
- Assure all appropriate cross-functional subject matter experts are engaged to deliver key subprocesses and milestones required for the project
- Provide consistent communication to cross-functional team and to sponsors and translate technical topics to enable good decision making
- Provide technical and project leadership within a multi-functional team to drive the development and commercialization of products
- Model strong R&D functional skills, including appropriate skills in effective communication, financial acumen, integrated risk management, project management, quality, robustness, regulation & safety, scientific rigor, and technical curiosity
- Track project progress against deliverables/milestones, issue status reports, and escalate breakdowns and issues as necessary and maintain good project documentation
- Execute the technical plan and coordinates activities of functional team members to execute validation test plans that will meet commitments of key technical deliverables
- Collaborate with team members to develop technical specifications which measure key attributes that are consumer and customer relevant
- Participate in the PM Community of Practice
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science and a minimum of 4 years of related project management experience or a master’s degree in engineering or science and at least 2 years of project management experience
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Experience working in Consumer Products (CPG) or related industries
- Solid project management skills with a track record of launching products and progressing multiple projects concurrently
- Strong communication and teamwork skills with the ability to work with/influence internal and external partners to meet program needs
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities
- Knowledge of consumer testing techniques and execution of appropriate studies to evaluate product performance
- Experience working with external companies as a source of product and/or manufacturing capabilities
- Ability to translate and communicate technical topics to both technical and non-technical people
- Ability to translate user insights into technical attributes
- Full time
- 0-10% travel
- Office Environment
- Ability to lift 10 – 40 pounds
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.