Sr. Technician, HVAC (1st Shift)Racine, Wisconsin Job ID 21634 Apply
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals. Together, we are creating a better future – for the planet, for future generations and for every SCJ team member. Come join us and make an impact through iconic global brands. GO FURTHER WITH OUR FAMILY™
We are a committed team of collaborative, diverse and purpose-driven All-For-Oners and Wave Makers. Together, we are high-performing and socially responsible, and everybody works at their best while encouraging each other to reach their full potential. From your very first day, you will become a part of our team and feel a connection to your colleagues, while also experiencing a strong sense of trust, honesty and respect.
Join us and you will experience a unique culture of camaraderie and support where both individual and collective accomplishments that contribute to our success are recognized and celebrated.
Technical Resource Team (HVAC Technician): This position will maintain, repair and install a variety of HVAC equipment such as roof top air handling units, exhaust systems, chillers, DX units, steam & condensate systems, and water utilities. This is a 1st shift, 8 hour position, varied amounts of overtime may be expected to support site overhaul and preventative / predictive maintenance requirements.
Roles Responsibilities and Authorities:
Safety is a primary responsibility for all team members. All employees will be required to follow all safety rules and guidelines and to participate in the Behavioral Based Safety process.
A high degree of flexibility is needed to be successful in this role. Based on business needs, team members must be willing and able to rotate to different assignments and to rotating work schedules. This means members must be able to rotate to different shifts and to alternative working schedules (e.g. other than 8 hours per day M-F) depending on the needs of the business. Primary assignment will be 1st shift.
Technical Resource Team (HVAC Technician) members will be required to maintain and repair heating, ventilating, and air conditioning equipment as well as plumbing and utility systems. This position must possess a working knowledge of various HVAC control systems that will enable them to efficiently troubleshoot and repair/replace control systems. The job includes following Preventative Maintenance plans, contributing to and performing process improvements to equipment, responding to emergency equipment breakdowns, preparing complete and accurate systems records, and an understanding of LEAN principals. Technicians will be involved in making proper judgments to determine the appropriate actions to take whenever direct or indirect intervention is required on equipment and resolution of equipment malfunctions. Technical Resource Team members will be responsible for leading and facilitating problem solving, loss teams, and autonomous production teams.
Team members must be able to work independently as well as with a high level of interaction in both small and large and group situations and will be required to participate constructively in team meetings, team consensus decision making, problem solving, root cause analysis and with the performance appraisal process.
Team members must demonstrate a willingness and ability to learn, teach others and to take responsibility and ownership for various aspects of the manufacturing process. A strong work ethic, attention to detail and ability to handle multiple priorities is critical for the success of the individual and the team as a whole.
- EPA 608 Universal license
- Refrigerant license
- 5 years’ experience in HVAC trade
- Journeymen license or Technical Degree in HVAC
- Technical certificates and certifications in HVAC trade
- Able to read electrical schematics and minor electrical troubleshooting
- Able to troubleshoot problems with refrigerant, electrical, and duct systems on HVAC equipment.
- Knowledge in fire protection systems
- Steam, condensate, pipefitting knowledge
- Knowledge in utility services
- Pump rebuilding knowledge
- Working knowledge of Safety, and Health and Environment principles and practices
- Demonstrated strength in problem solving and troubleshooting
- Demonstrate basic math and measurement skills
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Flexibility to work within teams and independently with minimal supervision to meet operational goals
- Employees must be able to demonstrate ability to complete the essential functions of the job and tolerate the ergonomic stressors of the job. This includes lifting up to 40 pounds, standing, sitting, walking, bending, climbing stairs, kneeling, reaching overhead, pushing, and pulling for up to 8 to 12 hours daily, and working outside when required.
- Must be process oriented and demonstrate critical thinking skills
- Experience within a Lean Manufacturing Environment preferred
- RCM (Reliability Centered Maintenance)
- Proficient in the use and application of MS Office Suite Products (Outlook – Calendar and Email; Word, Excel)
- Proven ability to undertake tasks of substantial variety or complexity
S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.