Sr. Technician, Pipefitter (3rd shift)Racine, Wisconsin Job ID 11942 Apply
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The job includes following Preventative Maintenance plans, contributing to and performing process improvements to equipment, responding to emergency equipment breakdowns, preparing complete and accurate systems records, and an understanding of LEAN principals.
- Technicians will be involved in making proper judgments to determine the appropriate actions to take whenever direct or indirect intervention is required on equipment and resolution of equipment malfunctions.
- Team members must be able to work independently as well as with a high level of interaction in both small and large and group situations and will be required to participate constructively in team meetings, team consensus decision making, problem solving, root cause analysis and with the performance appraisal process.
- Team members must demonstrate a willingness and ability to learn, teach others and to take responsibility and ownership for various aspects of the manufacturing process.
- A strong work ethic, attention to detail and ability to handle multiple priorities is critical for the success of the individual and the team as a whole.
- Repair and perform maintenance on a wide variety of equipment (production machines and process equipment), using strong troubleshooting skills
- Communicate internally with contacts outside the work group to exchange work related information.
- Applicant must be able to stand, walk, kneel, climb stairs, and ladders, lift and use hands and fingers for a variety of tasks.
- Applicant must be physically fit: able to work in high places on ladders and lifts and be physically and mentally capable of working in confined spaces.
- Current knowledge or background in the pipefitting trade with strong pipefitting skills.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a related field.
- High degree of initiative, good interpersonal and communication skills, a strong customer service orientation, and be willing to work effectively with people of diverse, social & educational backgrounds.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once
- Repair maintenance of steam & condensate systems.
- Repair maintenance of facility water & sewer systems
- Solve problems of a recurring nature; team resource to analyze and solve complex technical problems and delivers solutions. Resolves issues with limited technical support or supervisory approval
- This role may can include other responsivities such as daily management, resource management, spare parts inventory, or maintenance skill set development.
- Cut, thread, and fit pipe to specifications, using tools such as saws, cutting torches, and pipe threaders and benders.
- Assemble and secure pipes, tubes, fittings, and related equipment, according to specifications, by welding, brazing, cementing, soldering, and threading joints.
- Attach pipes to walls, structures and fixtures, such as radiators or tanks, using brackets, clamps, tools or welding equipment.
- Inspect, examine, and test installed systems and pipe lines, using pressure gauge, hydrostatic testing, observation, or other methods.
- Measure and mark pipes for cutting and threading.
- Lay out full scale drawings of pipe systems, supports, and related equipment, following blueprints.
- Plan pipe system layout, installation, or repair according to specifications.
- Select pipe sizes and types and related materials, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders, according to specifications.
- Cut and bore holes in structures, such as bulkheads, decks, walls, and mains, prior to pipe installation, using hand and power tools.
- Modify, clean, and maintain pipe systems, units, fittings, and related machines and equipment, following specifications and using hand and power tools.
- Install automatic controls used to regulate pipe systems
- Inspect work sites for obstructions and to ensure that holes will not cause structural weakness.
- Operate motorized pumps to remove water from flooded manholes, basements, or facility floors.
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Demonstrates competencies in utilizing blue prints, P&ID schematics to accurately make changes when modifications are made to repair facility and production equipment.
- State welding certifications – working towards after 2-years
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice as assigned by the Manager. The job description does not constitute a contract of employment and the position remains at-will
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunityand affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at262-260-3343or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law posterfor more information.