Supply Chain Intern (Summer 2021)Racine, Wisconsin Job ID 13852 Apply
As a Global Supply Chain intern at SC Johnson, you’ll be involved in strategic projects that make an impact to the organization in areas such as Customer Supply Chain, Procurement, Engineering, Supply Planning, Manufacturing, Strategy and Transportation/Logistics. You’ll be part of a team in Racine, Wisconsin (our global headquarters) or Chicago, Illinois (our North America headquarters) and will gain skills which will help prepare you for a full-time career in a Supply Chain role.
Your Supply Chain internship project will focus on providing enriching experiences to help develop key skills in one or more of these areas:
Customer Supply Chain
- Analyze current processes to improve supply chain efficiencies and provide cost savings
- Improve business processes that support the planning and fulfillment of customer demand (Collaborative Planning Forecasting and Replenishment (CPFR))
- Perform value analysis and develop recommendations for improvement within a category or commodity
- System-based pricing maintenance and management
- Assist Process Engineers with formulations, process changes and management of capital projects
- Leverage engineering methods and Lean methodology to drive improved equipment effectiveness (OEE)
- Partner with operations teams, production managers and technical resources to design and implement solutions that continually raise the bar for safety performance
- Analyze production alternatives and inventory management plans to define optimal production plans that drive balance across inventory investment and customer service goals
- Collaborate with in-house manufacturing and contract manufacturing teams to develop optimal run strategies
- Develop constrained/feasible MPS/DRP plans over aligned time horizon via SAP and best practices
- Model scenarios to determine supply chain impact
- Manage relationships with external vendors to ensure transportation service needs are met
- Analyze warehousing operations to identify continuous improvement opportunities
- Leverage project management skills to implement cost savings or capital expenditure projects
- Undergraduate or MBA student with a major in Supply Chain Management or Engineering, preferred
- GPA of 3.5 and above preferred
- Legally authorized to work in the United States; At this time SC Johnson is not sponsoring foreign nationals in an immigration case to gain full-time work authorization
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
You’ll be a great fit for this internship if you have demonstrated skills or experience in the following:
- Strong analytical, technical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Goal-oriented, results-driven and intellectually curious
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Excellent oral, written and communication/presentation aptitude
- Microsoft Excel proficiency
- Time management and organizational skills
INTERNSHIP BENEFITS AND PERKS
SC Johnson’s internships offer immersive experiences for top early career talent in our various business functions through hands-on, robust project work and comprehensive training programs. Through exposure to the company’s senior leaders, coaching and mentoring programs and networking opportunities, you’ll be set up with the support you need to thrive in our family company. As part of our internship experience, you’ll be considered in the priority pipeline for full-time roles at SC Johnson after you’ve completed your degree.
In addition to the real-world experience you’ll gain through our internships, we’re pleased to offer interns several perks which help expose you to what it’s like to be part of a team working at SC Johnson full-time:
- Housing: Subsidized housing is available in Milwaukee and Chicago, helping interns to experience living in the areas surrounding our corporate and North America headquarters.
- Company Store: You’ll have access to our on-site company stores (Racine locations) to purchase SCJ products at a discount.
- Johnson Mutual Benefits Association (JMBA) Center: Visit the hub of SCJ recreation and fitness programs in Racine for 146 acres of outdoor activities at Armstrong Park and 50,000-square-feet of indoor space including the Raymond F. Farley Aquatic Center.
- Events: Enjoy getting to know fellow interns and networking with SCJ team members throughout the summer at events that encourage camaraderie and connection.
- Exposure to Senior Leaders: During your internship, you’ll connect directly with senior members of the organization to gain insights, ask questions and present your project learnings.
ABOUT SC JOHNSON
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.