Team Lead, Production Line MaintenanceRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 14790 Apply
As a Team Lead, Production Line Maintenance you will provide liquids maintenance leadership. You will review and validate technician competency, ensure that resources are available to provide required preventative, predictive, and corrective maintenance support for assigned production lines. You will also ensure execution of weekly maintenance plans, realigning technical workforce to account for the available production schedule and the available shift staffing.
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals.
SC Johnson’s total compensation packages are at or above industry levels. In addition to salary, total packages may include bonuses, long-term incentives, matching 401(k) contributions and profit sharing based on company profitability, job level and years of service. As a family company, we’re committed to providing benefits such as subsidized health care plans, maternity/paternity/adoption leave, flexible work arrangements, vacation purchase options, recreation and fitness centers, childcare, counseling services and more.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure safety processes are followed during daily work, to include toolbox talks, step cards, and employee BBS monthly targets. Work permitting is a responsibility of all members within WCS, knowledge and application of these specific tools is pertinent to job success.
- Execution of all scheduled maintenance activities in the assigned unit, including: identified safety requirements, validation of estimated time/manpower requirements, auditing tasks, validating materials and tools, supporting technical information requirements such as Management of Change (MOC), and Preventative Maintenance plan reviews.
- Working with plant engineers, supporting base business and capital improvement and expansion projects.
- Strong working knowledge of SAP and Microsoft applications such as Excel and Project Manager, these items are routinely utilized to support the evaluation and execution of the overall maintenance process.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with our internal customers, ensuring that required corrective and preventive maintenance activities are properly documented and prioritized within SAP. This process includes identification of potential line support competency gaps, developing collaborative plans to close any gaps, and validation of standard daily work execution expectations.
- Participate in weekly WCS planning and scheduling meetings, identifying potential gaps in resources for upcoming weeks, along with providing feedback from the previous week’s plan, helping to drive a continual improvement mindset in the planning and scheduling routine.
- Participate in PDCA/SDCA cycles for the WCS and production team. Project complexity will vary from basic problem solving, Breakdown Analysis, through more complex DMAIC activities.
- Coach, train, and access assigned technical workforce, ensuring the application of WCS’ assigned standards is adhered to with the expected rigor.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies
- Technical College certification in a related field, or Journeyman (HVAC, Electrician, etc.) with a minimum of 5 years’ experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience in a Technical Field of Study.
- Computer skills (MS Office).
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies
- Demonstrated high degree of organization, prioritizing, and motivational skills.
- Ability to motivate and work well with maintenance and operations crews to solicit input and develop ownership of key processes.
- High level of computer skills (MS Office), previous CMMS experience and capable of learning new applications.
- Proven track record of safe work with demonstrated safety leadership examples
- Demonstrated experience in maintenance planning and scheduling including shut downs and the creation of standard procedures for preventative maintenance work.
- Knowledge of SAP systems as it pertains to maintenance and operations a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft software including MS Project, preferred.
- Use of KPIs for decision making and corrective action.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct effective meetings.
- TPM/Lean knowledge and application, including continual improvement process application.
- Full-time (12 hour shifts)
- Night Shift
- Ability to complete the essential functions of the job and tolerate the ergonomic stressors of the job. This includes lifting, up to fifty (50) pounds on a regular basis and up to seventy-five (75) pounds occasionally, standing, sitting, walking, bending, climbing stairs and ladders, kneeling, reaching overhead, pushing, and pulling for up to eight (8) hours daily.
- All of ones’ time is spent in manufacturing working environment
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice as assigned by the Manager. The job description does not constitute a contract of employment and the position remains at-will.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.