Waxdale - Electromechanical Technician – 3rd ShiftRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 10914 Apply
The electromechanical technician will be a multi-craft maintenance technician with the skills to troubleshoot, repair and replace technical components within the manufacturing facility. A high degree of flexibility is needed to succeed in this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond and assists in recovery and repair of factory installed equipment.
- Troubleshoot failed electrical, mechanical, hydraulic & pneumatic components utilizing basic and advance problem-solving techniques, will require knowledge of various levels of test equipment up to and including predictive maintenance tools.
- Complete assigned preventative maintenance actions utilizing developed standards as prescribed by OEM and engineering specifications, includes minor and major overhauls, calibration, detailed inspections, and basic cleaning and lubricating.
- Complete basic and advance corrective repairs supporting safety, quality and equipment reliability.
- Perform tolerance specific fabrication task utilizing shop equipment such as mills, lathes, drill press, welding methods, shears, and breaks.
- Ability to utilize computerized maintenance management software such as SAP to review assigned work, generate work requirements, and document detail work completion.
- Support training of autonomous maintenance work groups (equipment operators) in the areas of principles of operation, basic equipment inspection, and routine maintenance activities.
- Participate in basic and advance problem-solving initiatives intended to support site continual improvement, knowledge of Total Productive Maintenance and or Lean initiatives are desired.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Electromechanical Diploma, Associate Degree in technical field or equivalent experience in a related field consisting of 3-5 years of industrial maintenance preferably in a chemical plant environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot AC & DC drives systems, PLC and electrical controls.
- Working knowledge of motor controls, programmable control logic & input and output
- Strong mechanical, electrical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of site team effectively in oral and written communication.
- Proactive mind-set, decision making ability and flexibility are important as well as the ability to work under just in time pressures.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to take control of situations and follow them through to a successful result.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Proficient in the use of electrical testing equipment
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. on a regular basis and up to 75 lbs. occasionally
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Advanced preventive/predictive experience. (i.e. Thermal imaging certification, Ultrasonic, vibration analysis)
- Project management
- Cost analysis
- Team lead
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice as assigned by the Manager. The job description does not constitute a contract of employment and the position remains at-will.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.