Associate - AccountingReforma, Mexico Job ID 16734 Apply
The Senior Accounting Analyst based in MEXICO, is a key partner to senior management and functional leaders for the Northern Cluster.
The Senior Acc Analyst will be the accountable liaison between SSC and local business for the following topics: General Accounting, Treasury related topics, Functional Expenses, Other P&L lines, Intercompany and General Ledger (G/L) related matters. Strong business partner with Sales, Marketing and Human Resources Directors.
Occasionally, this position will support the business with legal requirements, being the only channel of communication between lawyers and SCJ senior management. This role will imply extreme confidentiality and strong communication with Corporate Councils, Tax Departments and ah doc Functional Senior Management.
Permanent communication with Finance Controller anticipating any potential local and legal contingency, ensuring the integrity of the financial processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor business principles compliance, Organizational and Local Policies adherence, in order to keep the business integrity and the quality assurance of financial results.
- Business Partner of Senior Management in the decision-making process, related to Functional Expenses, Treasury Matters, Account Payable process, Legal topics, Accounting requirements and Vendor Set up process.
- Monitor Payroll, G/L Accounting and Month End processes
- Functional Expenses key contact for the three countries, in charge of the month-end review, coordination and control of these expenses during the fiscal year, looking for opportunities, improvements, efficiencies and new agreements with the local and external stakeholders for a better management of the Budget in the long term.
- Business Partner of Senior Management in the decision-making during the Budgeting process. Responsible to load information into the system, prepare reasonability analysis, scenarios and propose adjustments based on global guidelines
- Main Contact for the Shared Service Centers and Corporate for Accounting, Indexing and Functional Expenses Matters and, specific legal requirements, to provide an accurate result in compliance with local and corporate policies and laws.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Accounting knowledge with demonstrated strong analytical abilities
- Ability to build influential partnerships throughout the organization by demonstrating an understanding of finance fundamentals, internal controls and corporate policies
- Embraces change and views challenges as business opportunities
- Relates openly and builds productive relationships with a wide variety of people regardless of position of background
- Coordinates people and provides guidance to achieve common goals
- Adapt at flexible and creative problem-solving
- Demonstrated success working in a global, complex organization across functions, regions, cultures, and levels
- Able to appropriately push back and challenge the status quo
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office software, BPC and SAP
- Able and willing to occasionally travel to the Cluster
- Bachelor’s degree required; Accounting/Finance/Economy or related degree
- 2+ years of related Finance experience
- Fluent English speaker