Manager, Sales Account ManagementChicago, Illinois Job ID 18752 Apply
The Manager, Sales Account Management is responsible for developing the SCJ business at Walgreens through clear customer focus and effective business planning using a fact-based approach to understand opportunities, strengths, and objectives of Walgreens. Walgreens normally requires a significant amount of lead time for promotion and sales planning and previous successful account management experience is critical to effective job performance.
The candidate for this position must possess experience that demonstrates an understanding of the complexities of cross-functional partnership, supply chain management, forecasting, deal management techniques, syndicated data analysis, shopper insights, negotiation, merchandising, and promotion development, and utilize the appropriate techniques and skills to build relationships at Walgreens and gain the support for identified growth opportunities in alignment with the SCJ North America and Global strategy. Experience in the Drug Channel within Household and/or Health and Wellness product categories is strongly preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for directing all activities of assigned account to achieve growth objectives
- Build strong customer relationships that result in partnership opportunities which drive sales, market share and profit growth
- Develop and implement an annual corporate business plan aligned with objectives of Director of Drug Channel and partner cross-functionally to execute the plan
- Identify ongoing distribution, promotion, and merchandising opportunities and develop recommendations and solutions that are aligned with corporate and customer goals
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5+ years of relevant business experience
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Advanced degree
- Experience in Consumer-Packaged Goods (CPG) or Drug Channel within Household or Health and Wellness categories (strongly preferred)
- Category/shelf management or Trade Marketing experience, Syndicated data analysis, Internal planning and forecasting system and negotiation
- Working knowledge of Consumer and Shopper Insights and application potential
- Demonstrated ability to penetrate a customer at relevant levels and add value
- Previous ABM/MABM (internal or external) experience and proficiency in computer skills and financial knowledge
- Understanding of the Drug Channel or Walgreens business model and the key drivers that impact the P&L at the customer and SCJ
- Ability to balance risk versus ROI. Balance critical financial needs of SCJ and Walgreens
- Demonstrated experience interfacing with buyers and building customer relationships
- Willingness to travel to meet Walgreens need
- Sales experience in a CPG company.
- Willingness to travel to meet customer needs.
- Previous experience in category/shelf management or Trade Marketing.
- Working knowledge of Consumer Insights and application potential.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of the Plan It tool.
- Demonstrated ability to penetrate the account at all levels adding value to the process.
- Previous ABM/MABM (internal or external) experience and proficiency in computer skills and financial knowledge.
- Understanding of the customer’s business models and the key drivers that impact the customers P&L, from the customers as well as from SCJ’s prospective.
- Ability to balance risk versus ROI. Understand risk, profit contributions and JVM. Balance critical financial needs of SCJ versus account.
- Demonstrated experience building customer relationships.
- Previous experience providing strategy and direction to customers and employees.
- Demonstrate effective (internal or external) people management skills.
- Ability to motivate cross functional groups to common goals.
- Ability to penetrate the account at all levels adding value to the process.
- Ability to adapt to changing work and customer demands.
- Walgreens specific strategic business plans
- Sales forecasting
- Deal spending within budget
- Distribution and Merchandising recommendations for Walgreens
- Pricing and promotion recommendations for Walgreens
- T&E spending within budget
- Business responsibilities (with Director alignment)
- Participates in the ICP (strategic account planning) process planning.
- Remote work is available once a week for eligible employees.
- This is a developmental assignment for 2-3 years. The individual assuming this position will need to rotate to another assignment which may require relocation.
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.