Senior National Account Account ManagerRichmond, United Kingdom; Frimley, United Kingdom Job ID 19627 Apply
Lifestyle Brands (the LSB) is a growing house of like-minded brands under the SC Johnson umbrella including Method®, Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day®,Babyganics® andEcover®. Headquartered in San Francisco with additional operations in Chicago and throughout Europe, the LSB is home to 650 employees. Together we act as a force for bold, transformative growth with a focus on delivering positive impact for people and the planet. If you’re into pioneering the future and doing good while doing business, come join us.
The LSB is part of SC Johnson, a family-owned company and leading manufacturer of household cleaning, home storage, air care, pest control and shoe care products, as well as professional products. Originally founded in 1886 and headquartered in Wisconsin, U.S.A., SC Johnson and the Lifestyle Brands division are at work for a better world.
Location: Richmond until Jan 2023 then Frimley
Contract type: Permanent
People Leader: Channel Lead
Based in our Richmond office and reporting to a Channel Lead, this role plays a pivotal part in both the UK and European sales organisation. working directly with category, brand experience, new product development, operations and finance to create and drive the account strategy and deliver the business’ sales and profit targets. This is one of the most senior roles within our sales team, responsible for delivery of the sales and profit targets for one of our largest retail partners.
• Live the values of LSB. Collaborate closely with other members of the team to set an envied culture and ways of working aligned with the company values and behaviours.
• Over deliver on all NAM basics. Be an example for the rest of the sales team with brilliant basics on accurate and timely financial and demand forecasting and admin. Be all over your distribution matrix with a clear action plan on closing in on gaps and opportunities.
• Be a relationship retail role model. Lead the relationship retail revolution with one of our most strategic customers. Know what you need to do to keep your customer happy operationally whilst bringing the fun and being disruptive, delivering competitive advantage for LSB in your accounts.
• Deliver operating budget for your customers. Be resourceful and employ innovative sales and marketing solutions to deliver your value, gross margin and volume targets for your customer. Manage the trade terms, agreements, price increases and promotional plans. Manage and maintain a bottom up JBP and provide clarity to the UK Leadership team on an on-going basis as to LSB and customer performance vs expectations. Track and course correct the plan, scenario planning to get ahead of any future challenges and develop commercial solutions to issues and ensure stretching targets are met, taking decisions to improve LSB’s profitability. Regularly share growth opportunities and execution plans internally.
• Build compelling stories and sell with impact to build sustainable distribution, sales and profitability of existing and NPD lines within the customer. Bring deep customer, market and consumer insight into your role for your accounts. Lead the analysis of data sources, working with the category team to develop the account strategy. Deliver stories and insight in a fun, engaging and inspiring way, winning your customers’ hearts and minds.
• Collaborate with supply chain on the forecast for your customers. Using data analysis and through collaborative work with supply chain team, deliver planned sales in line with the monthly forecast target of 98%. Track and share detail of overstocks and the implications to forecast. Prevent SMOS risk by ensuring regular customer communication and updating your forecast in a timely manner.
• Develop a spend savvy trade spend plan for your customers. Working alongside the Head of Sales & Head of Finance, build a promotional plan that delivers against our brand and commercial strategy and hits your targets. Determine roIe for all key pieces of activity and use commercial and category insight to influence future plans within your customer and other UK retailers. Test and anayse different promo mechanics and share learnings with wider business to shape the UK promotional strategy and optimise trade spend for maximum return.
• Work with the brand experience team to activate the brand strategy to complement customer strategy and deliver gold standard execution of the UK marketing plan across both brands. Regularly share marketing and PR good news stories with your customer network to build brand awareness and love.
• Relentlessly pioneer the future and pursue ambitious growth opportunities. Lead the way and set an example for other UK retailers by creating brand ‘theatre’ with retailers in-store, out of store and online. Build a compelling story internally and externally to secure branded merchandising solutions at fixture to disrupt the shopper journey. Drive forward a formats strategy and insights to secure new distribution, customer participation and weight of purchase. Deliver a bespoke plan for online & convenience to increase customer penetration across these key formats, aligning internal resource to support you. Share the learnings and recommendations that can be rolled out to other accounts.
• Define the plan to win in your customer. Define, lead and share your customer agenda, ensuring everyone is aware of what it will take to win with them. Rattle the cage, bang the drum and rally the Leadership & key stakeholders behind your customer and your strategy. Proactively share updates with the wider LSB business on your customer’s performance, strategy, risks and opportunities.
• Expand your impact beyond your customer. Support the head of sales on something outside of your own customer (trade spend, S&OP, supply chain). Share updates, analysis and recommendations at sales meetings. Help to maintain and reinforce the sales drumbeat.
• Mentor, coach and support another LSB. As a senior member of the sales team, use your skills and experience to mentor and coach less experienced colleagues, help define, build and implement a competency based development plan with this LSB to ensure they are developing in line with the demands of their role.
Experience you’ll bring :
• you’ll have ‘the smarts’ (i.e. a first class education and work experience)…and the flexibility to apply it to the real world in retailer negotiations and in implementing winning strategies.
• you’ll have learnt your trade through solid experience (c. 5 years) working in an FMCG sales environment and you’ll probably have completed a graduate scheme
• you will have managed a big mass market account at SNAM level to deliver market leading growth, built, negotiated and executed a JBP and owned your account’s p&l.
Super powers you’ll bring:
• you’ll be at home being a trailblazer – trying things others haven’t tried before and quickly analysing whether they’ve worked.
• you’ll love devising the right plans for your customers and brand and be confident in coming up with the right solutions yourself…and then implementing them.
• you’ll be comfortable mining and using market data and using it to drive the growth of a brand.
• your communication skills mean you’ll be at home living and breathing our brand in front of an audience, and your ‘macgyvering’ skills mean that you’re able to turn your own great ideas and a small purse into exceptional and profitable sales growth.
• you’ll not be comfortable in a bureaucratic ‘ivory tower’ – you’re a self-starter who’s not afraid to get your hands dirty and kick ass fast … and you’ll have the personality and energy to set and add to the team vibe in our office (hint: do you like fancy dress, can you catch a frisbee, and could you help mend the coffee machine?)