Associate Category Manager - Insect Control (Walmart)Rogers, Arkansas Job ID 10698 Apply
Associate Category Manager - Insect Control (Walmart)
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals. Together, we are creating a better future – for the planet, for future generations and for every SCJ team member. Come join us and make an impact through iconic global brands.
We are a committed team of collaborative, diverse and purpose-driven All-For-Oners and Wave Makers. Together, we are high-performing and socially responsible, and everybody works at their best while encouraging each other to reach their full potential. From your very first day, you will become a part of our team and feel a connection to your colleagues, while also experiencing a strong sense of trust, honesty and respect. Join us and you will experience a unique culture of camaraderie and support where both individual and collective accomplishments that contribute to our success are recognized and celebrated!
The Associate Category Manager - Insect Control, Walmart, is responsible for developing best practice sales strategies to drive category growth & shopper conversion for WALMART and SCJ categories. This role is expected to provide fact and insight based solutions that drive growth for category, WALMART, and SCJ by utilizing shopper insight, opportunity identification and full understanding of products, assortment, pricing, placement, shelving, promotion, and merchandising. This role is part of the SCJ WALMART Field Category Management team and will partner with the WALMART Category Management team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the category advisorship and collaborate with the Walmart in development and implementation of plans that achieve category growth objectives
- Drive identification of category opportunities for distribution, merchandising, shelving and pricing
- Lead analysis of drivers of category performance for WALMART to influence development of category growth and conversion strategies
- Lead development of shelf & space strategy including planogram guidance and development, cross category shelving strategies, space measurement for WALMART
- Provide category assortment analysis to guide WALMART-specific recommendations
- Support category based selling stories for new items
- Strong understanding of how to leverage shopper insights to create compelling Walmart-focused strategies and presentations
- Translate data and insights into WALMART-specific strategic and tactical recommendations and solutions
- Ownership, and a curiosity to search for opportunities
- Cross-functional team partnership
- Strong presentation and influencing skills
- High sense of urgency
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organization skills and priority setting
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, or minimum 3 years’ experience and Advanced Degree required
- Advanced skills in syndicated data tools (i.e. IRI/Nielsen), Microsoft Office Suite and space management software tools
- Previous experience analyzing Walmart-supplied point-of-sale data
- Previous experience with assortment analysis tools, shelving and store analytics
- Ability to define root cause factors from data, experience and judgment, translating data into compelling stories for customers
- Ability to travel up to 10-20% of the time
S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.