Associate Manager, Category & Shopper Insights WalmartRogers, Arkansas Job ID 16379 Apply
The Associate Manager, Category + Shopper Insights role supporting Walmart is expected to provide fact and insight- based solutions that drive growth for category, customer, and company. Utilizing shopper insights, opportunity identification and full understanding of shopper needs, products, assortment, pricing, placement, shelving, promotion, and merchandising, this role will work closely with SCJ Sales team as well as C&SL COE & SI team, Brand, Customer Marketing, and external partners (Walmart Buyers, Merch team, etc.).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides Walmart-specific solutions and recommendations based on key learnings and insights generated through analyses and research from a broad range of data sources.
- Mines and analyzes data from sources such as the following: syndicated scanner/panel, retailer POS, and space planning.
- Influence Walmart Buyers and partners with SCJ Sales team by identifying specific opportunities, assist with any research and lead project to deliver category and shopper leadership solutions.
- Leverage insights and resources through the utilization of a broad range of data sources, market research findings, tools, analyses, and technology to continually bring thought leadership to all internal and external customers.
- Completes category analyses on assortment, retail pricing, and trade promotions.
- Completes retailer category reviews utilizing category analysis, shopper insights and analytic tools.
- Utilizes category and aisle expertise to provide shelf merchandising and item placement recommendations.
- Develops plan-o-grams using plan-o-gram software.
This is a rotational position, and the candidate will be required to transfer to another assignment after 2-3 yrs. The next assignment may require relocation.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience, or minimum 3 years of experience and Advanced Degree required
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- 3 years of experience in a retailer-facing role with at least one year of this experience in category management, category/sales analytics or shopper insights.
- Identify next generation Category & Shopper research tools & sources to best understand the retailer shopper and unlock category growth.
- Experience in CPG and/or retail
- Experience working with syndicated data software (i.e., IRI or Nielsen) and JDA. Retail Link a plus
- Experience working with Microsoft Office programs specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent working knowledge of category management principles and practices.
- Ability to develop and execute an objective fact-based presentation.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required for building internal and external
- relationships and working on a high-performance team.
- Proactive and committed to delivering results in a fast paced, demanding work environment by fostering a sense of urgency, energy, ownership, and a curiosity to search for opportunities.
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person. Remote work is available once a week for eligible employees .
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person.
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.