Associate Manager, Category and Shopper LeadershipRogers, Arkansas Job ID 21673 Apply
The Associate Manager, Category and Shopper Leadership is responsible for the category advisor and/or captain role and collaborates with the retailer in development and implementation of plans that supports the retailer’s performance objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides retailer-specific solutions and recommendations based on key learnings and insights generated through analyses and research from a broad range of data sources.
• Mines and analyzes data from sources such as the following: syndicated scanner/panel, retailer POS, and space planning.
• Completes category analyses on assortment, retail pricing, and trade promotions.
• Completes retailer category reviews utilizing category analysis, shopper insights and analytic tools.
• Utilizes category and aisle expertise to provide shelf merchandising and item placement recommendations.
• Develops plan-o-grams using plan-o-gram software.
This is a rotational position and the candidate will be required to transfer to another assignment after 2-3 yrs. The next assignment may require relocation.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
• Undergraduate or graduate degree
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience, or minimum 3 years of experience and Advanced Degree required; this experience should include 3 years of experience in a retailer-facing role with at least one year of this experience in category management, category/sales analytics or shopper insights.
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
• Advanced skills in NielsenIQ AOD/IRI, Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), and space management software (JDA Space Planning and/or Apollo.)
• Advanced skills in pulling, manipulating and analyzing syndicated point of sale and shopper panel data (Nielsen and/or IRI.)
• Accurately analyzes quantitative and qualitative data to uncover observations, insights and key learning’s.
• Ability to develop retailer-specific strategic and tactical recommendations and solutions.
• Previous experience analyzing retailer-supplied point-of-sale data and/or retailer loyalty card data
• Previous experience using data warehouse tools.
• Excellent working knowledge of category management principles and practices.
• Ability to develop and execute an objective fact-based presentation.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required for building internal and external relationships and working on a high performance team.
• Proactive and committed to delivering results in a fast paced, demanding work environment by fostering a sense of urgency, energy, ownership, and a curiosity to search for opportunities.
- Full time job
- Ability to travel up to 20%
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.