Manager, Category + Shopper Insights - WalmartRogers, Arkansas Job ID 17685 Apply
The Shopper Insights Manager is responsible for monetizing business building insights for Walmart. This role is expected to provide fact and insights-based solutions that drive growth for category, customer, and company. Utilizing shopper insight, opportunity identification and full understanding of products, assortment, pricing, placement, shelving, promotion, and merchandising, this role is the primary insight provider for our categories at the customer that lead to marketplace actions. This role will work closely with internal (SCJ C&SL COE & SI team, Sales, Brand, Customer Marketing) and external partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with Sales Directors and Managers to create and plan category leadership solutions that deliver profitable sales growth for WMT. These solutions should include shopper and category insights across: products/ assortment (everyday/ new products/ promoted/ seasonal), placement and everyday shelving and merchandising, pricing (everyday, seasonal, and promotional), promotions and seasonal merchandising
- Influence the customer by identifying specific opportunities, assist with any research and lead project to deliver category leadership solutions benefitting both customer and category
- Influence Annual Account Business Planning at the customer, through full partnering with sales team, by providing actionable category insights and solutions that support category leadership objectives for customer, company and category
- Identify and help lead specific primary and secondary research opportunities (shopper, consumer, etc.) to bring new learning to category leadership solutions
- Help execute agreed category leadership and shopper insights solutions with the customer to include success measures and detailed follow through
- Evaluate/ monitor all customer category leadership and shopper insights solutions, turn analysis into recommended action and continually improve to be more effective and efficient for category and customer
- Leverage insights and resources through the utilization of a broad range of data sources, market research findings, tools, analyses, and technology to continually bring new shopper ideas to customer and company; incorporate in all category solutions for assigned major customer(s)
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor's Degree and 5+ years of experience
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- 5+ years of experience in Category Management or Shopper Insights
- 1+ years of business analytics experience
- Advanced degree
- Identify next generation Category & Shopper research tools & sources to best understand the retailer shopper and unlock category growth.
- Experience in CPG and/or retail
- Experience working with syndicated data software (i.e., IRI or Nielsen) and JDA. Retail Link a plus.
- Experience with advanced analytics around promotional / non promotional and pricing strategy
- Experience working with Microsoft Office programs specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required for building internal and external relationships and working on a high-performance team.
- Proactive and committed to delivering results in a fast paced, demanding work environment by fostering a sense of urgency, energy, ownership, and a curiosity to search for opportunities.
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person. Remote work is available once a week for eligible employees.
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person.
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.