Manager, Sales Account Management - Air CareRogers, Arkansas Job ID 20196 Apply
The Manager, Sales Account Management is responsible for driving profitable growth on the SC Johnson business at Walmart across the Air Care Business. They must lead the development of short- and long-term plans to grow the business. They must thoroughly understand the customer’s strategy and executional considerations and partner effectively with cross-functional groups at SCJ (e.g., brand groups, supply chain team, shopper marketing) to develop winning solutions for the customer and for SCJ. They must effectively lead, influence, and communicate with cross functional teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. BUILD STRONG RELATIONSHIPS
- Develop a deep understanding of customers’ businesses and objectives.
- Develop approaches that align with customer strategies and position the business to capitalize on emerging consumer and market trends.
- Work to penetrate accounts in the buying, retail, and operational functions by developing relationships across multiple levels of the organization.
- Effectively influence within SCJ and at the customer.
2. DEVELOP STRATEGY AND DIRECTION FOR THE BUSINESS
- Stay abreast of industry trends to identify the long-term, future needs and opportunities for the business.
- Identify new business opportunities that have significant revenue and profit potential.
- Integrate and balance big picture concerns with day-to-day activities.
- Create strategies to balance short-term requirements with long range business plans.
- Pursue initiatives to capitalize on strengths and market opportunities and to counter competitive threats.
3. DEMONSTRATE COURAGE, CONFIDENCE, AND ADAPTABILITY
- Convey a strong sense of urgency and drive to closure.
- Take immediate and independent action to resolve issues or problems when they arise.
- Take decisive action in high-stakes situations, crises, or conditions of uncertainty.
- Demonstrate flexibility and resiliency in response to constraints and adversity.
- Adapt appropriately to competing demands and shifting priorities.
4. CREATE EFFECTIVE SOLUTIONS
- Generate innovative ideas, solutions, and opportunities after analysis of critical information that has been integrated from a variety of sources.
- Synthesize information and translate data into useful plans that add strategic value.
- Critically and logically evaluate the costs, risks, and benefits of alternatives before making decisions and choosing solutions.
- Make timely decisions, balancing analysis with decisiveness.
5. FINANCIAL ACUMEN
- Evaluate proposed investments against their projected trade-offs and benefits for SC Johnson and the customer, before making recommendations and executing actions.
- Understand the customers’ business models and the key drivers that impact the customers’ P&L, from the customers’ and SC Johnson’s perspective.
- Accurately forecast major sources of cost, revenue, and risk.
- Identify ways to manage risks when making financial decisions.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5+ years of relevant business experience.
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Demonstrated proficiency in forecast and planning tools.
- Previous Account Management experience.
- Demonstrated experience building customer relationships.
- Travel up to 10%
- Remote work is available once a week for eligible employees.
- The individual assuming this position may need to relocate for future opportunities.
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.