Manager, Sales Account Management – Walmart, Home CleaningRogers, Arkansas Job ID 11034 Apply
This position is about total business management. The role is responsible for developing the SCJ business at a specific account(s) through clear customer focus, effective business planning using a fact based approach to understand opportunities, strengths and objectives of account. These accounts normally require an inordinate amount of lead time and previous successful account management experience is critical to effective job performance. The candidate for this position must possess experience that demonstrates the ability to build a fact based selling story/narrative, understand Net Revenue Management, merchandising, promotion development, complexities of supply chain and utilize the appropriate techniques and skills to gain the customer support for identified opportunities.
This is a developmental assignment for 2-3 years. The individual assuming this position will need to rotate to another assignment which may require relocation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Incumbent will be held accountable for directing all activities of assigned account to assure achievement of account growth/dollar objectives.
• Build strong customer relationships that result in partnership opportunities which drive sales, market share and profit.
• Incumbent will develop secure approval and implement an annual corporate business plan aligned with objectives of Director of Corporate Accounts and in place prior to the commencement of the new fiscal year, while working cross functionally to assure execution of the plans.
• Provides account specific promotional plans, recommendations to Director of Corporate Accounts to ensure achievement of account growth goals and develop ongoing customer plans that are in alignment with corporate and customer goals.
• Initiates the process of account specific deployment/selection plans and participates in decision on replacement personnel in divisional locations.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
• Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum 5 years of relevant experience OR Advanced Degree and a minimum 3 years of relevant experience required.
• Any previous or current Account Management experience supporting Walmart will be considered highly valuable and strongly preferred.
• Willingness to travel to meet customer needs.
• Previous experience in Sales, Category Management or Trade Marketing.
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
• Working knowledge of Consumer Insights and application potential.
• Demonstrated proficiency in forecasting.
• Demonstrated ability to penetrate the account at all levels adding value to the process.
• Previous ABM/MABM (internal or external) experience and proficiency in computer skills and financial knowledge.
• Understanding of the customer’s business models and the key drivers that impact the customers P&L, from the customers as well as from SCJ’s prospective.
• Ability to balance risk versus ROI. Understand risk, profit contributions and JVM. Balance critical financial needs of SCJ versus account.
• Demonstrated experience building customer relationships.
• Previous experience providing strategy and direction to customers and employees.
• Demonstrate effective (internal or external) people management skills.
• Ability to motivate cross functional groups to common goals.
• Ability to penetrate the account at all levels adding value to the process.
• Ability to adapt to changing work and customer demands.
• Account specific strategic business plans
• Sales forecasting.
• Deal spending within budget.
• Distribution recommendations for account
• Merchandising recommendations for account
• Pricing and promotion recommendations for account
• T&E spending within budget
• If applicable, make a hiring decision (with supervisors alignment)
• Participates in the ICP (strategic account planning) process planning
• $20 M - $100 M
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.