Manager, Sales Account Management - Walmart InternationalRogers, Arkansas Job ID 10656 Apply
Manager, Sales Account Management - Walmart International
This role is responsible for the overall development and execution of SCJ’s global Walmart sales strategies and programs designed to improve the regions’ attainment of sales objectives. The role is responsible for developing the SCJ business at Walmart International through clear customer focus, effective business planning using a fact based approach to understand opportunities, strengths and objectives of account. This position collaborates with the retailer and SCJ subs in development and implementation of plans that supports the retailer’s performance objectives. The Sales Manager will have significant cross functional interaction with team members, marketing, customer marketing, customer service and also the opportunity to interface with the WMT sales team in each subsidiary to deliver insights which will impact business results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Statements of what position is responsible for performing, typically listed in order of importance
- Develop and implement regional sales strategies to maximize sales force effectiveness
- Ensure Customer Management strategies and programs are executed
- Serve as regional “expert” on:
- Business Planning Process
- Walmart Category Management
- Regional cross border pricing issues
- Walmart local strategies
- Walmart global strategies
- Key issues and opportunities by country
- Stage of development level and key action steps to improve by country
- Develop scorecard templates to measure status of business by country and by region (both SCJ and Walmart fiscal year)
- Conduct value-added analysis on regional pricing impact, promotional evaluation, opportunity gaps, etc.
- Work closely with the local teams on joint New Product, distribution, and pricing issues
- Continuous improvement in sales effectiveness as measured by:
- Driving category growth
- SCJ growing faster than Walmart internal growth and the market
- Achievement of sales functional objectives as $ N.S.
- Achievement of trade spending as % of N.S.
- Improved distribution of key SKUs
- Achievement of new product distribution goals
- Increases in total number of category captaincies in the regions
- Development and execution of Regional Walmart business plan
• Develop long-term business relationships with buyers, replenishment managers, pricing, marketing, operations managers within customer’s corporate offices.
• Cross-functional team building and influencing for customer support
• Financial Acumen
• Multi-level customer contacts
• Forecasting ability
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies
Required skills are those that are absolutely necessary to perform the job and can be objectively measured, such as high school diploma, driver’s license, Bachelor’s degree in “x” field, etc.
• Spanish speaking
• Four-year college degree. Master’s degree desired, but not required.
• 5+ years of Commercial experience in a CPG company, preferably in Sales.
• Required international travel to Latin America (~20%)
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
Preferred skills are those that are more subjectively evaluated, but are just as important for the job, such as strong interpersonal skills, proficient writing capabilities, etc.
• Working knowledge of Consumer Insights and application potential.
• Demonstrated proficiency in forecast and planning tools.
• Demonstrated ability to penetrate the account at all levels adding value to the process.
• Previous Account Management (internal or external) experience and proficiency in computer skills and financial knowledge.
• Understanding of the customer’s business models and the key drivers that impact the customers P&L, from the customers as well as from SCJ’s prospective.
• Ability to balance risk versus ROI. Understand risk, profit contributions and JVM. Balance critical financial needs of SCJ versus account.
• Demonstrated experience building customer relationships.
• Previous experience providing strategy and direction to customers and employees.
• Demonstrate effective (internal or external) people management skills.
• Ability to motivate cross functional groups to common goals.
• Ability to penetrate the account at all levels adding value to the process.
• Ability to adapt to changing work and customer demands.
• Account specific strategic business plans.
• Sales forecasting.
• Deal spending within budget.
• Distribution recommendations for account.
• Merchandising recommendations for account.
• Pricing and promotion recommendations for account.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.