Senior Associate - Category & Shopper Leadership (Walmart)Rogers, Arkansas Job ID 15081 Apply
The Senior Associate for Category & Shopper Leadership is responsible for providing support of best practice strategies to drive category growth & shopper conversion for Walmart and SCJ categories. This role is expected to help provide fact and insight-based solutions for the category, Walmart, and SCJ by utilizing shopper insights, opportunity identification and full understanding of products, assortment, pricing, placement, shelving, promotion, and merchandising. This role is part of the SCJ Walmart Field Category team and will partner with the Walmart Category Management team.
This position will also provide best in class merchandising solutions using space management software. Key work streams include gold standard POG development and will lead best practice communications.
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides retailer-specific solutions and recommendations based on key learnings and insights generated through analyses and research from a broad range of data sources as well as from our Shopper Insights and Center of Excellence teams
- Mines and analyzes data from sources such as syndicated scanner and panel data, retailer point-of-sale data, and space planning software
- Provides category analyses, insights and recommendations for assortment, retail pricing, and trade promotions
- Utilizes category and aisle expertise to provide shelf merchandising and item placement recommendations
- Develops plan-o-grams using space management software
- Bachelors degree and 2+ years of relevant work experience OR an advanced degree with 1+ years of relevant work experience
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Exposure to the category management process
- Advanced Degree
- Advanced skills in syndicated data tools, Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with retailer specific data tools (POS, Retailer data and planogram software preferred), along with application of basic financial measures and business math
- Ability to define root cause factors from data, experience and judgment and translate data into compelling stories for customers
- Experience working with top US retailers on design and delivery of customer research
- Ability to develop fact-based business plans and to provide strategic input
- Ability to develop, deliver and execute an objective fact-based presentation
- Cross-functional team partnership
- Strong presentation and influencing skills with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Comfort in dealing with ambiguity and ability to work in a self-directed environment
- High sense of urgency
- This is a full-time position, core hours are 8:00 am-5:00pm, however, hours may be extended during modular timing
- Ability to travel overnight - up to 10% of the time
SC Johnson’s total compensation packages are at or above industry levels. In addition to salary, total packages may include bonuses, long-term incentives, matching 401(k) contributions and profit sharing based on company profitability, job level and years of service. As a family company, we’re committed to providing benefits such as subsidized health care plans, maternity/paternity/adoption leave, flexible work arrangements, vacation purchase options, fitness discounts, counseling services and more.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.