Associate Manager Maintenance EngineerRosslyn, South Africa Job ID 12086 Apply
SC Johnson has opportunity for an Associate Manager Maintenance Engineer – Rosslyn, South Africa
Our internal job title at SC Johnson is Associate Manager Maintenance Engineer (Rosslyn, South Africa)
ABOUT SC JOHNSON
SC Johnson (SCJ) is one of the world’s leading makers of household brands. The company has operations in more than 70 countries and sells products in virtually every country around the world. Its product portfolio includes global brands such as Pledge®, Duck®, Mr. Muscle®, Windex®, Scrubbing Bubbles®, Glade®, Raid®, OFF!®, Baygon® and Ziploc®.
The company has been making great products for more than 125 years and the same family that started the company still owns and runs it today. For over a century, spanning five generations, the Johnson family has demanded the best for families everywhere. We currently employ approximately 13,000 people globally and generate $10 billion in sales. At the same time, we’ve established a generations-long legacy of environmental responsibility, community leadership and providing great places to work. We do this because we want to do what’s right for our business today, and also what’s right for people and the planet tomorrow.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, you will lead the maintenance team in the manufacturing plant in Rosslyn to efficiently ensure that all production equipment operates safely, reliably, and at the required levels of productivity and quality while also supporting projects within the plant.
You will need to show strong leadership skills to manage the local team in Rosslyn and support current and future needs of Supply Chain.
- BSc University Degree in Engineering – Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical fields.
- 7 years of experience in a similar role, preferably in FMCG environment with at least 3 years of people management experience. Will be considered a plus experience with Aerosol manufacturing, LPG operation and maintenance as well as relevant technical experience with high speed packaging equipment
- Fluent in English written and verbal.
- Knowledge of Plant Maintenance systems and SAP Maintenance module.
- Technical skills in Maintenance such as: Maintenance Planning (including Preventative Maintenance); Maintenance inventory control; Maintenance scheduling and inspection and fault finding; ability to read and understand Engineering drawings and diagrams i.e. electrical, mechanical etc.; Sound knowledge of Diaphragm pumps; Knowledge of PLC & Scada; Knowledge of Steam boilers and general plant repairs and Pipe fitting; Safe work procedures and rules; RSA Safety legislation regarding pressure vessels and hazardous materials; Sound knowledge of cost control and achieving of budget targets.
- Excellent with Lean maintenance manufacturing principles.
- Excellent communications skills and hands on attitude .
- Excellent strategic thinking and problem solving skills.
- You need to be legally eligible to work in country of application.