Portfolio Manager, Supply Chain & RD&ERosslyn, South Africa Job ID 12085 Apply
***The location of this position is flexible across Europe and the ACT region. We will are open to considering applications from residents across the region.
ABOUT SC JOHNSON
SC Johnson (SCJ) is one of the world’s leading makers of household brands. The company has operations in more than 70 countries and sells products in virtually every country around the world. Its product portfolio includes global brands such as Pledge®, Duck®,Mr.Muscle®, Windex®, Scrubbing Bubbles®, Glade®, Raid®, OFF!®, Baygon® and Ziploc®.
The company has been making great products for more than 125 years and the same family that started the company still owns and runs it today. For over a century, spanning five generations, the Johnson family has demanded the best for families everywhere. We currently employ approximately 13,000 people globally and generate $10 billion in sales. At the same time, we’ve established agenerations-long legacyof environmental responsibility, community leadership and providing great places to work. We do this because we want to do what’s right for our business today, and also what’s right for people and the planet tomorrow.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The primary responsibility of the Portfolio Manager, RD&E and Supply Chain is to manage the total ACT portfolio of product related changes and lead a team of RDE technical professionals to achieve ACT regional goals of Net Sales, Share, Cost Savings, Delivered Profit Margin and Case Fill Rate through the flawless execution of IGP projects. This position is the interface between regional and global teams, strong business partner to the regional commercial and supply chain, and leads technical resources to address supply continuity situations in region of responsibility to maintain customer service as well as driving resourcing and prioritization against business levers for regional leadership team. This leader is expected to build a highly capable and engaged team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Growth is a Team Sport
Collaborate with regional business partners to execute the 3-5-year growth initiative plans. Build and develop partnerships with key category and regional leaders across TS, Commercial, Finance, GSC.
Drive team to execute against category priorities including product changes, cost savings, supplier qualification/validation, special packs, mold management, supply continuity, etc.
- Function as a category leader for E2E Delivery
- Performance management of staff including the development of employees
- Support to team to establish links to platforms and other technical expertise as needed
Function as the regional RDE business representative for the ACT region (Home Cleaning, Air Care, Pest Control, Shoe Care, or Home Storage, etc). work with global category counterparts to influence portfolio decisions, as well as timing and execution of regional projects and global roll outs. Single Point of Contact for RDE business within the Region to identify interdependencies within category portfolio & escalate any conflicts or opportunities for streamlining initiatives utilizing SCJ established processes (E2E process, regional OTV, Stage Gate, Tech Reviews, etc.)
Operational Efficiency and Effectiveness
- Support right capability building and resources (people, tools, equipment and budget) to drive business results. Accountable for technical capabilities, coaching, and support of their team members
- Execution of the strategy for continual evolution of regional RDE organization in concert with other regions and aligned with global strategies. Develop required organization to support cluster focus across the region.
- Maintain clear understanding of resourcing, driving flexibility and creativity by finding options around key struggles in the region
- Demonstrate behaviors that reflect SCJ Success Drivers and establish a “Mindset to Win” Culture across regional team.
- Build an engaged team with the required functional skill sets that understands their roles and responsibilities in delivering SCJ business objectives. Attract, retain and develop talent while fostering a performance-driven culture
- Demonstrate strong cross-functional functional skills, including effective communication, financial acumen, integrated risk management, project management, quality & robustness, regulation & safety, scientific rigor and technical curiosity
REQUIRED SKILLS / COMPETENCIES / EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Science, Engineering or Supply Chain preferred, or proven record
- 10+ years of experience, ideally in FMCG or related industries (e.g. Supply Chain)
- Experienced people manager; team management experience ideally, or strong project management background
- Technical understanding of RD&E in consumer goods
- Strong business acumen; cost savings, top and bottom line, etc.
- Fluent English
- Full time
- Travelling required up to 40%
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice as assigned by the Manager. The job description does not constitute a contract of employment and the position remains at-will.