Project Manager - New Product DevelopmentSan Francisco, California; Racine, Wisconsin Job ID 21452 Apply
Lifestyle Brands (the LSB) is a growing house of like-minded brands under the SC Johnson umbrella including Method®, Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day®,Babyganics® andEcover®. Headquartered in San Francisco with additional operations in Chicago and throughout Europe, the LSB is home to 650 employees. Together we act as a force for bold, transformative growth with a focus on delivering positive impact for people and the planet. If you’re into pioneering the future and doing good while doing business, come join us.
The LSB is part of SC Johnson, a family-owned company and leading manufacturer of household cleaning, home storage, air care, pest control and shoe care products, as well as professional products. Originally founded in 1886 and headquartered in Wisconsin, U.S.A., SC Johnson and the Lifestyle Brands division are at work for a better world.
Candidate selected will be required to work in office in either of the following SC Johnson locations: San Francisco, CA or Racine, WI.
Responsible for managing new product development + commercialization projects within the overall company portfolio - on time, on budget + on strategy. This is a pivotal role that ensures speed + innovation remain a core competency + that the team is focused, energized + on-track to meet the objectives of our product launches.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Lead cross-functional teams in new product development + commercialization (New Product Development/NPD), as well as special assignments. Ensure all are delivered on-time, on-budget + on-strategy. Ensure teams meet milestone, critical business, + customer dates. Measure + publish team performance, project status, + metrics. Identify, mitigate, + communicate project risks. Act as “the voice of reason” at executive-level steering committee for product launch + scope decisions. Facilitate decision-making, arbitrate impasses, remove barriers to drive project progress
- Be central contact between key business, product development + commercialization functions. Ensure priorities of business units are anticipated + satisfied by operational functions + develop partnerships to resolve operational issues. Partner with operational functions to identify strategic opportunities to improve service + reduce cost across business units + execute those strategic projects within the business
- Champion evolution of NPD process, along with Director of NPD. Ensure process + tools are understood + applied by cross-functional teams. Identify opportunities to improve process, project team management, + meetings. Support continual optimization of PM systems tool (Workfront). Assist with NPD onboarding + training, along with Director of NPD
- Bachelors Degree and 5+ years proven experience leading and managing project teams in new product development or an advanced degree and 3+ years of the same
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Ability to lead + motivate cross-functional teams with successful collaboration: be strong enough to voice dissent but flexible enough to bring consensus. Excellent communication / presentation / collaboration / customer service skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities + work within tight timeframes + deadlines. Stamina, character, sense of humor, proactive approach + work ethic appropriate for a fast-paced, team-oriented, growth company
- Outstanding technical skills: background + strong interest in process development, MS Project, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Web + other required computer applications; Workfront, Master Data, SAP, Lean Six Sigma experience a plus
- PMP or other certification
- CPG experience
HOURS: full time, exempt (salaried)
REPORTS TO: Director Project Management - Commercialization
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.