Associate Manager,Project Management, SystemsSan Isidro, Argentina Job ID 17105 Apply
This role is a member of the Global Project Management Office which is responsible for governing IT’s project portfolio value plan. The role collaborates across numerous delivery PMO’s consulting on their project management practices and portfolio health. This skilled project manager and independent thinker is influential in helping mature our project delivery practices. Using a variety of tools, they will draw from their analytical thinking to help the GPMO communicate project and resourcing portfolio health to the organization.
Strategic Portfolio Planning
- Collaborate with delivery team leaders to ensure their plans are ready to be incorporated in our portfolio planning activities.
- Support strategic alignment of the portfolio by connecting project requests to key strategic drivers for the organization.
- Support the prioritization process in recommending the optimal mix of projects to maximize utilization of funding and resource capacity in delivery of business outcomes.
- Support IT leadership in preparing IT investment proposals for review and approval by Senior Executive stakeholders.
- Works with IT Project/Portfolio governance processes to drive continuous improvements to refine governance framework to drive clear accountability and empowerment while maintaining essential governance on the portfolio.
- Participates in the governing of execution of project delivery through effective oversight committees and coaching sessions with project managers.
- Coordinates and consolidates financial forecasts for the project portfolio working within the GPMO to ensure total portfolio spend by funding area meets expected targets.
- Analyzes and communicates impact of new work on the portfolio, providing clear direction to stakeholders and decision-making councils about trade-offs and implications
Portfolio Reporting & Analytics
- Define and develop standard reports and analytics to provide visibility and insights into resource/capacity utilization.
- Report from and enhance portfolio and project level dashboards used to monitor portfolio delivery health in terms of schedule, financials, resources, and risk.
- Develop outcome-based metrics to quantify the value realized by the project portfolio, shifting from project delivery to solution adoption and value generation as a measure of success.
Project Management Capability Maturity
- Develop and deliver project management training to improve consistency and quality in project delivery.
- Support the continued enhancement of project management best practices, tools, and methods to drive efficiency in the project delivery process to order to reduce costs and improve time to value.
- Promote a shift from project- to product-focused approach in the IT investment portfolio.
- Strong leadership skills with ability to impact individual project direction through influence and collaboration.
- Adept at working productively with all BPT functions including proven experience with external suppliers.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate accurately and concisely to all levels within the company ranging from team members to Senior Leadership.
- Demonstrated sense of urgency and decisiveness; takes prompt action to accomplish goals; proactively attempts to influence events rather than passively accept outcomes.
- Ability to multi-task effectively.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems/Technology or in a technical discipline.
- A minimum of 5+ years of relevant job experience with equal project management experience. 3+ years with advanced degree.
- Experience working with or leading cross functional teams in a project setting.
- Experience working with a global team (time zone, geographical location).
- Ability to lead, collaborate, challenge and influence peers.
- Passion for project-based execution (Waterfall, Agile, etc) and process improvement.