Sr. Analyst, Demand PlanningSan Isidro, Argentina Job ID 20759 Apply
As a Sr. Analyst, Demand Planning you will develop the baseline forecast through statistical modeling and analytics for the full portfolio you support using shipment history, historical events, and market trends. You will be key driver in creating and managing the starting foundation for all demand plans. You will be a key participant in the preparation for Pre-demand and Demand Reviews (Step 2) within the cluster and countries that they support.
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals.
- Use and maintain current demand planning systems to create the best baseline forecast possible using established processes.
- Assess the impact of market changes or significant variances in the forecast, and recommend appropriate revisions and tactics.
- Manage statistical forecasting exceptions by utilizing demand-planning exception reports to identify and fix potential issues.
- Make recommendations to enhance business processes, and identify opportunities to improve operational efficiencies.
- Interact with Market Demand Planner and Marketing to understand and interpret the potential impact that market trends and demand drivers can have on demand, and adjust the statistical forecast to reflect those impacts.
- Work with the Market Demand Planner to help maintain cleansed history in SAP APO (Planning Module) at the appropriate level and ensure a 24-month rolling forecast.
- Execute the forecast strategy based on the XYZ segmentation given by the Cluster Market Demand Planner.
- Collaborate with the Market Demand Planner to complete root cause analysis on forecast misses and incorporate properly into corrective actions with cross functional teams, history cleansing, and adjustments to the baseline forecast.
- Measure, analyze, and communicate key process metrics and monitor adherence to key performance indicators, while driving continuous improvement.
- Constant and clear communication with Market demand planner on baseline forecast changes and impacts.
- Key participant in yearly budget building process.
Minimum of an undergraduate degree, preferably economics, supply chain management, engineering or a related business field.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong Mathematical and statistical knowledge.
- Communication skills, with a proven ability to understand key concepts and communicate with business stakeholders
- Ability to perform under pressure and manage multiple priorities with competing demands
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge in process improvement
- Ability to work within high-performing teams in highly collaborative environments
- Quantitative and qualitative data analysis, including business process metrics and measures linking to business KPIs
- Fluent in English
- Minimum of 2 years of Supply Chain or Business experience
- Minimum of 2 years of demonstrated results and working in a team-based, cross functional environment, preferably experience with the standard S&OP.
- Minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience in demand planning and simulation systems or tools (desirable).
- Experience working in the CPG industry (desirable).
- Minimum of 2 years of experience using PC-based applications (such as Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and/or Access).