Associate Manager, Demand PlanningShanghai, China Job ID 16253 Apply
This role is responsible for the development of a demand forecast which is the basis for company investments. The primary role of the lead cluster market demand planner is to develop a demand forecast using data such as sales inputs on promotions and distribution, shipment history, competitive activities and marketing plans. This position is a key driver in creating and managing the true consumer demand signals by which to align the rest of the supply chain and company goals. This role will also be the conduit in the cluster and country between the commercial teams and all of supply chain planning. Lead Cluster Market Demand Planner is also the process owner of the Pre-demand and Demand Reviews (Step 2) within the cluster and country for the S&OP process, ensuring an efficient, effective, and reliable review driven by an unbiased, consensus process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use and maintain current demand planning systems to create the best forecast possible using established processes. Utilizing the statistical feed in the system from their demand support hub
- Collect and analyze past/future demand inputs (such as distribution gains/losses, price changes, new/discontinued products and promotion plans) from sales and marketing, and calculate their impacts on demand
- Make recommendations to enhance business processes, and identify opportunities to improve operational efficiencies
- Work with various cross functional partners on projects such as new product launches, discontinuations, and transitions to evaluate assumptions (pre and post launch) – new product forecast, pipeline fill, and cannibalization.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Trade Marketing (Customer Marketing), and Finance for advertising and promotional activities – time period, expected market penetration, reaction (uplift, cannibalization on other items/brands) and evaluate against performance from similar historical activities
- Work with the regional demand hub to help maintain cleansed history in APO at the appropriate level and ensure a 12-18 month rolling forecast in APO
- Ensure demand forecast is shared in level of detail and timing required by internal customers and supply chain partners with documented assumptions. Also communicating forecast confidence, including risks and opportunities
- Influence and collaborate with key partners in marketing, sales (field sales, corporate sales managers and directors), and finance to address input gaps as identified by forecast error/bias review & root cause analysis
- Measure, analyze, and communicate key process metrics and monitor adherence to key performance indicators, while driving continuous improvement
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree, preferably economics, supply chain management, engineering, or a related business field
- Minimum of three years of Supply Chain or Business experience
- Full time
- 10-20% of travel time expected
- Flexible with meeting schedules across various time zones
SC Johnson Asia has been recognized as the Best Multinational Workplace by Great Place to Work®!
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Community! https://scjohnson.gr8people.com