Director, Manufacturing OperationsShanghai, China Job ID 14772 Apply
The plant director will be responsible for the manufacturing and related operations for the Shanghai plant in line with SCJ processes and guidelines to deliver KPIs related to Safety, People, Quality, Service and Cost.
This person will have direct responsibility for Production, Maintenance, Lean/Continuous Improvement and Material Handling functions, and indirect responsibility for Quality, Safety, Engineering, HR and Finance functions for the plant. The plant director is also expected to coordinate activities with regional functions such as Planning, Logistics, Government Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, Marketing etc. as well as local Sales & Distribution functions. This individual is expected to create a winning environment and culture through open communications, visible leadership and progressive people development.
Reporting to the Regional Manufacturing Director, this individual will be a key change agent within the organization and will be part of the Asia Pacific Manufacturing Leadership Team. This individual will be working very closely with Greater China Supply Chain Director and will also be a part of the local Supply Chain Leadership Team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Setting strategic objectives for the plant, accountable for achievement of plant performance objectives and product quality.
- Establish operating budgets, monitor the cost and effectiveness of production activities to optimize resources, prioritize spending, and achieve volume, quality, cost, and manufacturing standards.
- Drive breakthrough mindset to achieve world class Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) on all production lines at the site while improving schedule adherence vs production plan.
- Partner with SHE manager to ensure site-level deployment of SC Johnson’s Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) management practices and compliance with local legal requirements and SCJ global standards.
- Collaborate with cross functions to ensure the most effective risk mitigation plan and regulatory compliance strategies are in place.
- Maintain strong partnership and positive engagement with external regulatory bodies for safety and environmental compliance.
- Champion continuous improvement / Lean through active engagement of the plant team members in projects and initiatives, and focus on overall capability building on Lean.
- Link with supply chain functions and make sure that plant capacity utilization is at optimum level and ensure supply ‘on time in full’ vs demand.
- Lead and develop a team, exhibiting authority for talent management decisions related to hiring, performance, and disciplinary actions.
- Ensure that the SCJ Success Drivers are considered and incorporated in daily activities and that every employee understands the place the Success Drivers have in our businesses.
- Oversee career growth of direct reports, and conduct performance appraisals for direct reports.
- Work effectively and relate well to others. Exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others, working to maintain constructive working relationships throughout the organization.
- Responsible for the whole site Admin/Facility/Shuttle Bus/Canteen management.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Minimum university degree in engineering or science; masters or MBA would be an advantage
- 15+ years’ experience in a lead manufacturing management role with demonstrated ability and desire to work with people, both as individuals as well as in teams. Aspiration to advance to senior supply management is expected.
- The knowledge, skills, and abilities typically acquired through execution in multiple operating functions, preferably Operations Management, Continuous Improvement, Technical (Engineering/Maintenance), Industrial Engineering, and/or Quality/Safety.
- Experience in leading Continuous Improvement through, Lean, Six Sigma, or similar methodologies.
- Understanding of local regulatory framework related to manufacturing of chemical/hazardous products.
- Be able to simplify strategy into specific actions with clear accountability, making decisions with speed and accuracy based on best available information and communicating priorities clearly and concisely.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Community! https://scjohnson.gr8people.com