Manager, Safety, Health and Environment (SHE)Shanghai, China Job ID 13644 Apply
This role is to leads site-level deployment of SC Johnson’s Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) management practices to ensure compliance with local legal requirements and SCJ global standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises the site SHE team and provides coaching and mentoring to strengthen competencies associated with functional skills and SCJ leadership success drivers.
- Manages deployment of SHE compliance assurance processes to enable compliance with applicable laws, permit authorizations and company standards.
- Leads activities to comply with regulatory and company standards associated with the management of high-hazard chemical processes (e.g., process safety management).
- Develops internal audit processes, including SHE-related behavior observations, that proactively identify potential SHE non-conformances.
- Collaborates with the site’s engineering and maintenance teams to ensure that inspections, testing, preventive maintenance activities associated with SHE-critical equipment and applicable high-hazard chemical processes are defined and appropriately documented.
- Serves as the site champion for the site’s Management of Change (MOC) reviews to evaluate and control potential health and safety hazards and environmental impacts associated with business activity changes.
- Verifies the accuracy of data in the company’s SHE database (e.g., Entropy) and analyzes the data to identify loss trends that can contribute to injuries and illnesses, adverse environmental impacts and SHE process non-conformances.
- Maintains awareness of proposed governmental or non-governmental organization SHE requirements and provides early input to other Company functions of impending requirements in such a way that necessary changes are planned accordingly.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree and above
- 7-10 years of progressively increasing SHE leadership responsibility in a global manufacturing organization
- Experience in high-hazard chemical process safety management (PSM) such as the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration PSM standard or European Seveso Directive.
- Experience in driving day-to-day ownership of SHE processes to non-SHE program “champions”
- Specify locally required licenses or certifications
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Designation as a Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Certified Fire Protection Specialist (CFPS), Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) or country equivalent
- Full-time core office hours with expectation to be available for occasional nights/weekends
- Up to 10% domestic travel may be required
- Work in an office environment will be approximately 50% of time
- Work in a manufacturing environment will be approximately 50% of time
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Community! https://scjohnson.gr8people.com