Market Demand PlannerSydney, Australia Job ID 1691 Apply
About the role
The primary role of the lead cluster Market Demand Planner is to develop a demand forecast using data such as sales inputs on promotions and distribution, shipment history, competitive activities and marketing plans. This position is a key driver in creating and managing the true consumer demand signals by which to align the rest of the supply chain and company goals. This role will also be the conduit in the cluster and country between the commercial teams and all of supply chain planning.
The Market Demand Planner is entrusted to develop and maintain professional relationships with local and remote supply chain planning partners. This position is charged with making decisions that impact the demand plan and communicating those decisions to stakeholders such as the General Manager, Sales Director and Marketing Director. The role includes contributing to special projects and other supply chain and business strategy initiatives. This person is a well-rounded individual who encompasses analytical, communication and leadership skills. They can quickly identify deviations from expected results and other disruptions and are able to promptly resolve issues.
Benefits and perks
In addition to a competitive base salary, SC Johnson offers the following:
- Flexible working hours (Compressed work week).
- Enjoy the difference - modern facilities, on-site gym, casual dress code, staff shop, and free on-site parking just to name a few of the benefits!
- Corporate Citizenship with staff at the heart of our charities- we engage our staff to know what causes matter to them most, this is a high priority for us.
- In 2017 we were recognised as the Business Review Weekly's (BRWs) 16th Best Workplace with less than 100 employees by the 'Great Place To Work Institute'.
Skills and experience
The following experience is considered essential:
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree
- Minimum 5 years of Supply Chain or Business experience, or appropriate FMCG Sales / Trade Marketing / Customer Marketing experience with strong sense of numbers.
- Minimum of five years of demonstrated results and working in a team-based, cross functional environment, preferably experienced with the standard S&OP processes
- Minimum of five years of hands-on experience in demand planning and simulation systems or tools (SAP APO DP, Demantra or equivalent)
- Experience working in the Fast Moving Consumer Goods Industry
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in PC-based applications (such as Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and/or Access)
Please APPLY if you are ready to join the SC Johnson team. Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
At SC Johnson, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background.