Associate Manager, SHE, Safety and HealthToluca, Mexico Job ID 12903 Apply
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports deployment of SHE compliance assurance processes, such as compliance calendars, to achieve and maintain compliance with applicable laws, permit authorizations and company standards.
- Maintains internal audit processes, including SHE-related GEMBA and behavior observations, that proactively identify potential SHE non-conformances.
- Collaborates with the site’s engineering and maintenance teams to ensure that inspections, testing, preventive maintenance activities associated with SHE-critical processes are defined and appropriately documented.
- Lead the post incident investigation and communication of safety, health and environmental incidents and ensures that corrective and preventive actions that address root causes are effectively deployed across the site.
- Serves as a SHE representative for management of change reviews to evaluate and control potential health and safety hazards and environmental impacts associated with business activity changes.
- Ability to interact with others, establishing open, candid and trusting relationships to create win/win outcomes.
- Assure legal compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree from an academic university in Occupational Safety, Environmental Science, Engineering, Chemistry or related discipline
- 3-5 years of progressively increasing SHE leadership responsibility in a global manufacturing organization.
- Experience managing activities associated with OSHA’s process safety management standard, the European Seveso Directive or equivalent country-specific requirements intended to prevent the uncontrolled release of hazardous substances.
- Experience in driving day-to-day ownership of SHE processes to non-SHE program “champions”.
- Advanced English skills.
- Advanced degree Occupational Safety, Environmental Science or related discipline preferred
- Effective communication skills that permit the clear and concise transfer of information to stakeholders
- Project management experience to enable prioritization and management of multiple projects to completion.
- Results oriented.
- Problem-solving capabilities and dealing with conflict and change.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Software package.
- Experience managing ISO 45001.
- Experience in ATEX processes and/or operation units.