Project Manager - New Product DevelopmentToluca, Mexico Job ID 24660 Apply
SC JOHNSON IS A FIFTH-GENERATION FAMILY COMPANY BUILT ON THE SPIRIT OF OUR PEOPLE. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building iconic brands that win the hearts and minds of consumers – such as Raid®, Glade®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country around the world. Together, we are creating a better future – for the planet, for future generations and for every SCJ team member. Join our winning team of Wave Makers and Go Getters and help us write the next chapter in the SCJ story.
As an Associate Manager, Project Manager, Commercialization for New Products Development, based in Toluca and reporting to the NPD Manager, the role will be responsible for managing end to end support for new product development + commercialization projects within the overall company portfolio to ensure on time, on budget and on strategy execution. This role ensures all projects are effectively executed, stakeholders are kept informed, and team members are kept prioritized, focused, and on-track to meet the objectives in our busy/competitive environment. This position will require working on multiple projects simultaneously, with cross functional and cross regional teams.
- Lead cross-functional teams in new product development + commercialization (NPD).. Measure + publish team performance, project status, + metrics. Identify, mitigate, + communicate project risks. Facilitate decision-making, arbitrate impasses, remove barriers to drive project progress
- Ensure teams meet milestones , critical business, + customer dates and implementation of processes.
- Set project timelines and key milestone dates.
- Manage and track projects through our PLM + PM tool systems (timelines budgets, strategy, project documentations)
- Foster simplification and agile methodologies
- Lead identification of opportunities for Continuous improvement
- Reporting Portfolio Management execution and progress vs plan
- Stakeholders management
- Required advanced English with verbal and written fluency.
- BA or BS degree in business, engineering, or related field.
- 3 to 5 years project management experience, with clear understanding of supply chain knowledge.
- Proven experience leading and managing project teams in a highly collaborative and dynamic business environment.
- Experience in launching new products in-house or contract manufacturing.
- Management of interpersonal relationships with multiple levels and internal and external functions in the corporation.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to lead, motivate and influence a cross-functional team with successful collaboration: be strong enough to voice dissent but flexible enough to bring the team to consensus. Ability to motivate non-direct reporting; promote teamwork effectively.
- Excellent communication / presentation / collaboration / customer service skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work within tight timeframes and deadlines.
- Stamina, character, sense of humor, proactive approach and work ethic appropriate for a fast-paced, team-oriented, growth company.
- Strategic thinking.
- Basic knowledge of SAP PLM + ECC.
- Capability in developing and implementing business processes, including technical risk identification and mitigation/contingency planning.
- Strong technical skills and understanding: Data analysis and problem-solving capabilities, familiarity with formulation and packaging test methodologies.
- Outstanding IT skills: MS Project, PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- Planning / Organization
- Strategic decision making
- Frustration Tolerance
- Ability to work with ambiguity
- Process Oriented
- Understand and apply PMO know how and link with stage gate process
- Effective Team Communication
- PMP , Scrum Master or other certification a plus
- Experience in Food Industry, Pharmaceutical, Chemical Industry, Mass Consumption goods.
- Tactical or operational decision making
- Vision of business opportunity strategy
- Development Potentia
- Experience in Portfolio Management
- 3 to 5 years of experience on Project Management, R&D/ Manufacturing.
- Desirable Data Analytics understanding
- Leadership and communication skills
- Conversational / technical fluency in English
- Hands on IT systems & written procedures
- Background in commercialization and/or project management
- Risk Management
- Process Oriented