Sr. Analyst, Quality Engineering - XPRToluca, Mexico Job ID 24543 Apply
SC JOHNSON IS A FIFTH-GENERATION FAMILY COMPANY BUILT ON THE SPIRIT OF OUR PEOPLE. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building iconic brands that win the hearts and minds of consumers – such as Raid®, Glade®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country around the world. Together, we are creating a better future – for the planet, for future generations and for every SCJ team member. Join our winning team of Wave Makers and Go Getters and help us write the next chapter in the SCJ story.
As a Quality engineer you will collaborate, implement, participate in the Quality Engineering programs aimed at preventing product safety and quality problems from occurring.Ensure that the pre-commercialization quality activities are completed and communicate quality related information throughout the Region. Ensure quality of products manufactured in 3PM´s though out their development, ensure quality of materials supplied to SCJ and identify methods and technologies to improve quality and productivity. Participate in Consumer and Customer driven quality improvement projects.
- Participate on product development teams to ensure quality is driven into the product and manufacturing process at early stages of product development.
- Participate in CAPA/Escalated Issues/GEN23/GEN28/Consumer Complaints/Waivers and other problem resolution teams.
- Collaborate on Microbial assessments in 3PM´s and suppliers.
- Participate in the definition of product specific defects/AQLs.
- Create Quality Control Plans, process mapping PFMEA´s and others.
- Develop product related quality success criteria, PLQ (production line qualification)/PPV (Product and Process Validation)/ Molded Parts Qualification plans and others.
- Ensure that the pre-commercialization quality activities are completed by Actively participation in project teams, Technical Reviews and other forums.
- Lead PLQ´s/parts qualification/ Molded Parts Qualification/Quality System Qualifications at 3PM´s and Suppliers.
- Participate in FTA and other hazard identification techniques.
- Supervise, support and assist any activity related to Quality topics of potential and current 3PM´s, Suppliers located in Americas Region.
- Support any Quality activity related to Imported FG or materials to the NA Region (Containment in Americas and escalation/collaboration with the exporting Region). Make timely decisions concerning nonconforming materials, products and processes to ensure that the company meets its safety, quality and business objectives.
- Develop and complete SQA, product compliance, layered audits, deep product testing annual programs for assigned 3PM´s and suppliers. Support SCJ´s Kosher Program.
- Identify methods and technologies to improve quality and productivity.
- Use statistical techniques to develop and improve products and processes.
- Responsible for practicing SCJ Safety, Health & Environment guidelines in daily work and considering Safety, Health & Environment aspects and impacts when developing plans, methods or procedures review of consumer complaint data.
- The incumbent’s efforts cause him/her to relate with a variety of departments within the company. His/her major contacts include Procurement, RD&E, Legal, Product Supply, Logistics, Marketing and others. Outside the company he/she communicates with managers and technical representatives of suppliers/3PM´s to communicate SCJ´s requirements, resolve problems and obtain information on materials and processes used in the manufacture of products, or on items and equipment used in the Quality Assurance laboratories.
- High degree of initiative and integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (or combination of other degree and relevant experience to be evaluated).
- Knowledge of applied statistics including process capability, sampling, qualitative and quantitative data analysis, Acceptance and Sampling.
- Experience on Quality system auditing: ISO 9001:2008/2015.
- Experience in supplier development and auditing.
- Relevant quality/engineering experience. Quick understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Experience with high-volume consumer products.
- Preventive Quality tools (Control Plans, Statistical process control, etc).
- Microbiology and sanitary equipment and installations knowledge.
- Applied Statistics.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of SCJ Safety, Health & Environment guidelines, objectives, and targets.
- Understanding of product development lifecycles, design change and document change control, product and process verification and validation methodologies, and manufacturing / production process control methodologies.
- Effective communication within all levels of the organization around design verification and validation activities; production &process controls; Corrective & Preventive Action (CAPA), consumer complaints, and product improvement activities.
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) in a technical discipline (min degree in-process advanced plus relevant experience).
- 1-3 years in supplier quality.
- Experience with high-volume consumer products.
- Experience in Pharma or Automotive industry.
- Preventive Quality tools (PAPP, FMEA, DOE, etc).
- ASQ Certification (CQE, CRE) or willing to obtain within 2 years.
- Relevant Quality Engineering / Production process knowledge.