Sr. Associate Quality EngineeringToluca, Mexico Job ID 21168 Apply
SC JOHNSON IS A FIFTH-GENERATION FAMILY COMPANY BUILT ON THE SPIRIT OF OUR PEOPLE. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building iconic brands that win the hearts and minds of consumers – such as Raid®, Glade®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country around the world. Together, we are creating a better future – for the planet, for future generations and for every SCJ team member. Join our winning team of Wave Makers and Go Getters and help us write the next chapter in the SCJ story.
To plan, implement, manage, and participate in the assigned Quality Control operations to:
- Ensure the capacity and resources required so that products and processes comply with applicable standards, specifications, and regulations throughout the value chain: incoming inspection of raw materials and packaging, intermediates, and products.
- Ensure processes quality is under control and keep improving.
- Identify and participate in quality improvement projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate Inspection - Incoming materials (Packaging & Raw Materials), Intermediates and Products.
- Identify and coordinate initiatives to improve the main losses due to Quality
- Lead the management of blocked materials due to quality defects
- Ensure the control of chemical substances in the quality laboratory
- Coordinate training in aspects of Quality.
- Directly lead and participate in the definition of product specific defects/AQLs
- Manage the Calibration Plan of the quality laboratories.
- Control of production processes to ensure product within specification.
- Implement quality control plans
- Develop and implement inspection plans
- Analyze and improve main quality defects
- Quality audits – ISO 9001 & GMP´s
- Process validation including Cpk study
- Communicate quality-related information throughout SCJ
- Identify methods and technologies to improve quality and productivity
- Use statistical techniques to develop and improve products and processes
- Provide training in the quality sciences
- Responsible for practicing SCJ Safety, Health & Environment guidelines in daily work and considering Safety, Health & Environment aspects and impacts when developing plans, methods or procedures
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- BS in Engineering, Chemical or appropriate field
- Knowledge of applied statistics including process capability, sampling, and design of experiments
- Knowledge of supplier auditing
- Familiar with and experienced in the process and technical management requirements of Quality Laboratory (Packaging, raw material, and microbiology).
- Familiar with and experienced in basic quality tools, such as Control Plan, SPC, AQL, R&R, Sample Size & Confidence Interval, Problem Solving, audits.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Good communication and coordination skills with all levels of inside/outside of the organization
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- English: intermediate to advanced
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Quality system auditing experience: ISO 9001:2015 and Good Manufacturing Practices (GPM’s)
- Relevant engineering experience
- Experience in Statistical Processes Control (SPC) and using MINITAB
- Experience in Laboratory Standards, Physical-chemical analysis, packaging, and microbiology.