Manager, Federal Government RelationsWashington, DC Job ID 12350 Apply
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for supporting SC Johnson’s government relations program, primarily at the U.S. federal level. The individual will work with the Government Relations team to achieve favorable outcomes to federal policy proposals and will work to optimize the company’s profile and visibility with policy-makers and agencies.
- In support of business objectives, the role requires monitoring and researching federal legislation and regulation (e.g., initiated by EPA, CPSC, OSHA) impacting the company, evaluating these impacts with input from business units, and assisting with the development and implementation of influencing strategies to protect and promote company interests or reputation. This involves working closely with business teams and various departments (e.g., Public Affairs, Law, RD&E, Regulatory Affairs, Human Resources, Product Supply) on a range of projects and initiatives.
- The individual will also be actively engaged in SC Johnson’s involvement in trade associations and with relevant industry stakeholder groups and coalitions to manage industry issues relevant to the company.
- This role also manages administration of the company’s federal political action committee (SCJPAC), to include providing input to candidate contribution recommendations and annual fundraising solicitations, and periodically representing the company at political fundraising events.
- As needed, this role may also perform similar legislative and regulatory functions in support of SC Johnson’s business in Canada through interaction with industry trade associations and Canadian government officials at the federal and provincial levels.
- Additionally, the individual will be expected to participate in SC Johnson’s visible presences in Washington, DC, including attending public events, social functions, and political events, and working to cultivate and maintain effective relationships on behalf of the company with key officials, agencies and thought-leaders in Washington, DC.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree is required in political science, business, international relations, communications, government affairs or related field. Graduate degree is helpful, but not required.
Minimum of seven years of experience in U.S. Congress, corporate government relations, or related-industry trade association.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunityand affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at262-260-3343or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law posterfor more information.