Associate, Registration & Regulatory Compliance (12 months fixed term)Yokohama, Japan Job ID 16370 Apply
The local regulatory compliance expert is responsible for providing regulatory oversight for all product-related registration and regulatory compliance activities for the assigned product categories in Japan. And typical regulatory activities consist of providing regulatory input to global and regional cross-functional product development teams, compiling and submitting registration dossiers, conducting product compliance reviews and managing post-commercialization regulatory activities. Also, the individual is accountable for overall local compliance activities for assigned SCJ product categories with possible scope to include air fresheners, cleaners, cosmetics and/or quasi-drugs and so on.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- All registration and regulatory compliance activities across various regulatory frameworks in Japan to support product development and commercialization activities.
- Interacts with key personnel in various regulatory agencies to ensure timely resolution of issues and to secure approval of on-going product registrations. Initiates virtual or face-to-face meetings with regulatory agency personnel to secure registration and/or verify compliance as necessary.
- Continuously evaluates the local regulatory climate to identify potential emerging business threats or regulations, and works to favorably promote the company’s interests through direct dialogue or strategic partnerships with key industry trade associations.
- Supports requests from global/regional cross-functional project teams to provide critical regulatory input during various stages of product development and commercialization. Completes all necessary regulatory compliance checks on ingredients, formulas, and finished goods along with artwork reviews and regulatory documentation (e.g., Safety Data Sheets).
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- BS (Bachelor of Science) or MS (Master of Science) degree in a related science (chemistry, biology, pharmacy, etc.)
- Fresh graduate or up to a max of 3 years experience
- Japanese language capabilities at native level and English language capabilities at business level
- Fixed-term -12 months
- Work location: Yokohama, Kanagawa JAPAN
- Working hours: 9:00-17:30
SC Johnson Asia has been recognized as theBest Multinational Workplace by Great Place to Work®!
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Community! https://scjohnson.gr8people.com