Manager, Procurement - North AsiaYokohama, Japan Job ID 11816 Apply
Applies Best Procurement processes & practices in the North Asia Procurement Organization. Deliver year on year Cost Saving and Cash targets Works closely with suppliers in North Asia and Regional & Global Category leads, APAC Supply Chain and Global Sourcing teams to improve North Asia sourcing opportunities. Identifies opportunities and issues with suppliers to bring value through a total cost of ownership orientation. Manage relationships and ways of working with key material suppliers in order to align understanding & commitment with internal customer expectations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Develop, lead, and manage the strategic sourcing process for all North Asia categories
- Create long term sourcing strategies, lead and execute major contracts and price negotiations with regional and local suppliers. Robust strategies are required for both Direct and in-direct spend.
- Represent North Asia in all Global Commodity teams. Participate, provide input to and support the Global Category Leads.
2. Identify and execute the corporate cost savings and cash target year on year
- Drive breakthrough results and mind set change in order to achieve North Asia’s and corporate financial objectives.
- Lead the annual budget process. Manage the pricing for all major commodities. Provide input for reports highlighting Key Issues and Developments.
3. Build capability in the North Asia Procurement Team
- Train and coach the team in Strategy creation, Supplier Relationship Management, Industry and market analysis and Negotiation.
4. Manage key supplier relationships
- Create transparency and strategic focus in relationships with key suppliers.
- Drive innovation through build up of cross functional innovation strategies together with RD&E and Marketing.
5. Integrate with the business and Manage stakeholder alignment
- Manage internal customer relationships locally with Product Supply, General Managers, RD&E and Marketing.
- Create a cross functional team structure allowing Procurement Strategy execution.
Required Skills/ Expertise/ Competencies:
- 5 years procurement experience from a FMCG environment
- Communication Skills in Japanese and English (at least TOEIC 700)
- Degree in Science or Business Administration
- In depth knowledge of the Japanese market
- Experience in SAP
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Community! https://scjohnson.gr8people.com