Senior Analyst, Industrial Engineer (Logistics)Yokohama, Japan Job ID 13508 Apply
The Regional Logistics Industrial Engineer is responsible for identifying and delivering improvements in the efficiency and effectiveness of Logistics and Transport Management, working closely with the cluster Logistics Operations Leads and the Regional Transportation team.
The Industrial Engineer (IE) will lead major logistics transformation projects and the successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record in leading major change projects. The role drives ongoing network distribution modeling efforts to insure that low operational costs and high service expectations are optimized. The role should be an expert in Lean principles and practices as applicable for warehouse operations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- To lead major cost saving / service improvement projects relating to warehousing and transportation.
- To support the analysis and bench-marking of 3rd party related costs and service across the Logistics & Transportation team including use of Cost to Serve methodology
- To work with cluster logistics operations leads managers to systematically identify improvement opportunities relating to warehousing and transportation including use of network modeling and simulation tools.
- To use Lean principles and tools to systematically eliminate waste in the warehousing processes
- To provide analytical input for the tendering or re-tendering of 3rd party services as required and project manage the RFP process for major LSP tenders
- To be the Process Owner for the Logistics SOP’s used within the process framework, and to act as an auditor in an audit program across all clusters to ensure process compliance and to share best practice between countries and identify improvement opportunities.
- To support the Regional Operations Manager in the KPI management and review across the team and challenge performance against KPI’s
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor degree or greater in an engineering field. Industrial Engineering preferred
- Project management skills
- The ability to build business partnerships and external collaboration opportunities wherever possible
- Significant experience with Lean practices. Six Sigma Green or Black belt certification preferred
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Community! https://scjohnson.gr8people.com