Sr. Analyst, Industrial Engineer (Logistics)Yokohama, Japan Job ID 12064 Apply
The LEAN Engineer (Logistics) is responsible for identifying and delivering improvements in the efficiency and effectiveness of Logistics and Transport Management, working closely with the cluster Logistics Operations Leads and the Regional Transportation team to the market Japan, Korea, Australia and New Zealand.
The LEAN Engineer (Logistics) will lead major logistics transformation projects and the successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record in leading major change projects. The role drives ongoing network distribution modeling efforts to insure that low operational costs and high service expectations are optimized. The role should be an expert in Lean principles and practices as applicable for warehouse operations.
- To lead major cost saving / service improvement projects relating to warehousing and transportation.
- To support the analysis and benchmarking of 3rd party related costs and service across the Logistics & Transportation team including use of Cost to Serve methodology
- To work with cluster logistics operations leads managers to systematically identify improvement opportunities relating to warehousing and transportation including use of network modeling and simulation tools.
- To use Lean principles and tools to systematically eliminate waste in the warehousing processes
- To manage Japan, Korea, Australia and New Zealand.
- To provide analytical input for the tendering or re-tendering of 3rd party services as required and project manage the RFP process for major LSP tenders
- To be the Process Owner for the Logistics SOP’s used within the process framework, and to act as an auditor in an audit program across all clusters to ensure process compliance and to share best practice between countries and identify improvement opportunities.
- To support the Regional Operations Manager in the KPI management and review across the team and challenge performance against KPI’s.
- Ensure all logistics hub operations are operated in full compliance to all relevant SCJ and country legal standards regarding health and, safety, environmental, dangerous goods management, transport, GEN24 and import / export regulations.
- Deliver working capital improvement through deployment of lean processes within the network
- Deliver budget expectations
- Cost savings through sustainable continuous improvement
- Deployment of global network modelling tools
- Route to market optimization
- Internal/External benchmarking and collaboration.
- Build good partnership with cluster logistic operations leads and supply chain finance leads.
- Partner with Customer Supply Chain to ensure the business priorities are delivered in Logistics Operations
- Provide analysis, insight and predictive measures into Logistics performance and business impact
Required Skills and Education:
- Bachelor degree or greater in an engineering field.
- 3-4 years experience minimum in the logistics area
- Demonstrated team player
- Strong analytic skills; the ability to powerfully portray data and leverage to drive continuous improvement
- Thorough understanding of developing and leveraging engineering standards in a warehousing environment along with a firm grasp of statistical analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills across the organization
- Project management skills
- The ability to build business partnerships and external collaboration opportunities wherever possible
- Significant experience with Lean practices. Six Sigma Green preferred.
- Language proficiency - Advanced level in English and Japanese
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Community! https://scjohnson.gr8people.com