Awards & Recognition
What happens when
you put people first?
Others take notice and the accolades follow.
We recognize that our people are what makes SC Johnson a great place to work, so we’ve been putting them first since 1886. We celebrate what makes our teams unique by hiring individuals from all walks of life and schools of thought – from where you grew up, to how you live, to what you care about. It’s this dedication to putting people first that has earned us the reputation of being a world-class company.
Here are a few of our most recent awards and recognitions:
Great Place to Work Recognitions
SC Johnson has been named a World’s Best Workplace by Great Place to Work® and Fortune Magazine. Our individual offices across the globe listed below have also been recognized as a Best Workplaces for building, sustaining and recognizing high-trust, high-performing workplace cultures. In addition to these awards, SC Johnson ranked #7 on the Top Consumer Goods Companies by LinkedIn in 2022.
2022 Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work®
- SC Johnson Asia (#16 overall; #1 among consumer packaged goods companies)
- SC Johnson Europe (#16 overall; Only consumer packaged goods company)
2022 Best Workplace by Great Place to Work®
- SC Johnson Argentina (#14)
- SC Johnson Central America/Costa Rica (#3)
- SC Johnson Chile (#13)
- SC Johnson France (#24)
- SC Johnson Germany (#24)
- SC Johnson Greece (#1)
- SC Johnson Italy (#12)
- SC Johnson Kenya (#1)
- SC Johnson Nigeria (#2)
- SC Johnson Philippines (#9)
- SC Johnson UK (#26)
2021 Best Workplace by Great Place to Work®
- SC Johnson World’s Best Workplaces (#7)
- SC Johnson Argentina (#4)
- SC Johnson Brazil (#6)
- SC Johnson Central America/Costa Rica (#1)
- SC Johnson China
- SC Johnson France (#21)
- SC Johnson Greece (#1)
- SC Johnson Italy (#11)
- SC Johnson Kenya (#1)
- SC Johnson Mexico (#24)
- SC Johnson Poland (#2)
- SC Johnson Switzerland (#11)
- SC Johnson Taiwan
- SC Johnson Turkey (#5)
- SC Johnson UK (#4)
SC Johnson is a place where people are family – where we celebrate the fact that diversity makes us strong. Our commitments to diversity and inclusion celebrate people from every culture, ethnicity, race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age and ability, and organizations take notice.
Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality
In the U.S., SC Johnson earned a perfect score of 100% on the 2022 Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equality Index, giving SC Johnson the distinction of “Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality.” This marks the 17th time SC Johnson has earned a perfect score and the company’s 20th year on the annual workplace equality list. The HRC rates companies on a scale of 0 to 100 for their fair treatment of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBTQ) employees.
SC Johnson Mexico also earned a perfect score and the distinction of “Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality” in 2022. This was the country’s first time applying for the recognition.
Best Workplace for Mothers and Women
SC Johnson was recognized by Seramount (formerly Working Mother) as one of the “100 Best Companies for Working Parents” in 2022 for the 34th time, just one of 10 consumer packaged goods companies on the list, and one of only six companies to be recognized 34 times or more. SC Johnson provides an array of opportunities and benefits in each local marketplace such as its Childcare Learning Center, flexible work schedules, generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave, a recreational center and more.
Additional regional awards for celebrating creation of flexible, family-friendly workplaces and programs to foster development among female employees go to our SC Johnson United Kingdom and SC Johnson Central America offices, each named a 2022 Best Workplace™ for Women by Great Places to Work®.
Additional Recent Diversity Awards
- Best of the Best list for Top LGBTQ+ Friendly Companies by HISPANIC Network Magazine, Professional Women's Magazine and Black EOE Journal (2022)
- Best of the Best list for Top Employers by HISPANIC Network Magazine, Professional Women's Magazine and Black EOE Journal (2022)
- Best Workplace™ for Women by Great Places to Work® - SC Johnson United Kingdom, SC Johnson Italy and SC Johnson Central America (2021)
- Hygieia Network Member of the Year by the ISSA Hygieia Network, dedicated to advancing and retaining women in the cleaning industry (2020)
For more detail on how we earned these awards including company initiatives, educational efforts, employee resource groups and more, visit our Inclusion and Diversity page.
SUSTAINABILITY AND SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY RECOGNITIONS
From continually improving our products, to using renewable energy, to fighting deforestation, SC Johnson has a long legacy of taking action to protect the environment today and for future generations. And for five generations, we’ve worked to make communities stronger supporting health, education, economic development and people in need – and industry organizations are taking notice.
- SC Johnson Inducted into Climate Leadership Hall of Fame. The Hall of Fame recognizes organizations that have won multiple Climate Leadership Awards over the past decade for exemplary corporate, organizational, and individual leadership in response to climate change (2022)
- SC Johnson was recognized as 2021 Sustainable Development Model Enterprise for its outstanding performance in the six dimensions: innovation, responsibility, influence, driving force, growth, and foresight at the China Finance Summit (2021)
- Placon recognized SCJ with a sustainability award for being a top customer who promotes a circular economy (2020)
- SCJ received the Goal Achievement Award for Excellence in Greenhouse Gas Management (2020)
- Plastics Today featured Windex® and Method® as examples of pioneering brands that are supporting “a nearly perfect circular economy model” (2019)
- Climate Leadership Award for Excellence in Greenhouse Gas Management (GHG) Goal Setting by Center for Climate and Energy Solutions (C2ES) and The Climate Registry (2018)
- National Top 100 List of the largest green power users by U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (2018)
- Recognition for commitment to provide donations and educational materials across the globe to families most at risk of pandemic of mosquito-borne illnesses by EcoHealth Alliance (2018)
- Global Conservation Hero by Conservation International for environmental commitment and actions which have had a transformative impact for the good of the planet and its people (2017)
Read more on the latest sustainability and social responsibility initiatives at SC Johnson.
BRAND AND PRODUCT RECOGNITIONS
The ability to make an impact on the innovation and success of our global brands is just one of the exciting elements of a career at SC Johnson. Our teams consistently drive excellence and evolution through our products across categories, resulting in publications including our brands in popular recommendation lists for consumers. Read on below for some of our most recent accolades.
- Good Housekeeping Names three Windex Products among the‘9 Best Window Cleaners, According to Lab Testing (2022)
- Better Homes & Garden recognizes Pledge and Method among the ‘Best Hardwood Floor Cleaners of 2022' (2022)
- Reader’s Digest Names Ziploc® Among Most Trusted Brands in America (2022)
- BrandSpark recognizes Glade®, Raid® and Shout® Among Their Most Trusted Brands (2022)
- EatingWell lists Sun Bum® Mineral Moisturizing Sunscreen Lotion among The Best Reef-Safe Sunscreens, according to Dermatologists (2022)
- PureWow recognizes Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day, Method, Caldrea and Babyganics as winners on List of Best Dish Soaps (2021)
- NBC News Lists OFF!® Products Among Best Insect Repellents (2021)
- New York Times Recommends Shout® Wipes for Road Trips (2021)
- Popular Science Names OFF!® Among Best Insect Repellents (2021)
- Parents Magazine Names Five SCJ Brands among ‘Best Green Cleaners’ (2021)
- Business Insider Recommends Drano® Products as Best for Hair Clog Solutions (2021)
- Martha Stewart Recommends Windex® for Spring Cleaning (2021)
- HGTV Staffers Recommend Shout®, Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day® Products (2021)
- Better Homes & Gardens recently recognized five SC Johnson products with its first Clean House Awards (2021)
- Good Housekeeping Names Scrubbing Bubbles® Products Among ‘Best Toilet Bowl Cleaners (2021)
- Livestrong.com recently named two OFF!® products on its list of the "Best Mosquito Repellents” (2021)
- BrandSpark Most Trusted Award recognized SCJ brands in 12 household and health categories (2021)
Explore Our Career Areas
Whether you’re a member of our manufacturing team, building innovative products, or on our Marketing team, creating the campaigns that bring those products into 99 million households, you’ll be an integral part of what’s made us an industry leader for more than 130 years.
Careers with SC Johnson offer even more opportunities. Check out openings within SC Johnson Professional, our business unit dedicated to providing solutions to healthcare, industrial and institutional markets, and SC Johnson Lifestyle Brands, a growing house of like-minded brands working together for bold, transformative growth.
- Associate Manager, Quality Engineering Racine, Wisconsin
- Associate Manager, Engineer Generalist Racine, Wisconsin
- Manager, Procurement - CAPEX, Plant Facilities & MRO Racine, Wisconsin
- Manager, HR Business Partner, North America Supply Chain Chicago, Illinois