Regulatory Affairs BPR Specialist
Frimley, United KingdomCategory: Research and Development, Supply Chain Job ID: 24850
• Location: Frimley, UK
• Function: GSARA (global safety assessment and regulatory affairs)
About the role
The Global Registration and Regulatory Compliance (GRRC) team provide regulatory leadership, expertise and execution for the information/dossier development, product registration and lifecycle management of all SC Johnson products.
In this role you will assist in the co-ordination and execution of regional compliance activities for SCJ Pest Control (PC) products in the European region associated with key pieces of EU legislation including, but not limited to BPR, CLP and REACH. In particular, coordinate GSARA’s input into various EU Pest Control projects, determining dossier requirements and helping secure National Scheme and BPR (Biocidal Products Regulation) product registrations. Involvement in projects in other business groups may also be required on occasion.
You will interact with the GRRC team as appropriate to ensure the timely translation and adoption of relevant regulatory policy into company processes with alignment to regional regulatory strategy. For example key responsibilities within the PC category include:
- Support the GRRC team to provide product-specific requirements based on detailed knowledge of relevant EU regulations to ensure all new products (NPD) are fully compliant with regulations. Ensure any new regulations / interpretations are understood and communicated to stakeholders
- Maintenance of existing products in light of growing Safety, Regulatory & Environmental issues and constraints: Changes / additions to legislation are taken account for the EU PC product portfolios
- Project / Pre-launch:
- Project team participation: Input into project timelines and success criteria and attend relevant project meetings
- Input to project resource needs: Help determine the level of GSARA resource required for projects and feed information back to the functional leaders
- Help manage regulatory issue identification, resolution and communication on projects: capture and communicate issues as early as possible within the project
- Ensure all projects / formulations are assessed through the PLM system in a timely manner following the most appropriate path for the business
- Assist in the review / input into Master Graphics label process
- Post Launch:
- Ensure alignment and appropriate escalation to GSARA Management Committee of any critical issues
- Work with the Global Registration and Regulatory Compliance (GRRC) team to provide regulatory support for products in Market
- Biocides Regulation: Coordinate with biocides team to ensure continued compliance to BPR of existing portfolio and new acquisitions
- Support the Project Manager and local compliance experts with any regulatory questions/challenges coming from local authorities
- Ensure all compliance documents are fully aligned for all applicable regulations
Experience you'll bring
- BSc or MSc degree (or equivalent) preferably in a related Science field (Chemistry, Biology etc) is strongly preferred
- Ideally 5 years work experience with BPR
- Demonstrated ability to work with different cultures
- Strong knowledge of compliance requirements across EU region
Behaviors you’ll need:
- Demonstrated communication skills, must be able to summarise and articulate technical information to diverse audiences both verbally and in writing
- Problem solving skills with the ability to bring projects to a conclusion
- Self-directed with a “can do” attitude and willingness to drive change
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible starting and finishing times + 4.5 day working week
- Profit Share, Pension, Life cover & Health Insurance
- Shuttle bus service from local train stations, EV Charging points, Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free onsite Gym with free classes
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals.
Inclusion & Diversity
We’re a global business, with people from every culture, ethnicity, race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, and ability. We recognize the breadth of human experience, and we work to celebrate it. It is our goal to build a diverse, inclusive, and supportive work environment where all people can thrive.
We’re committed to ongoing efforts that help us attract, hire, and retain diverse talent who want to build a positive, inclusive environment. Read more about our ongoing initiatives at https://jobs.scjohnson.com/inclusion.
Don't see what
you're looking for?
Click here to share your information with SCJ's Recruiters.