Associate, Development Engineering Packaging (Fresh Graduate)Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Job ID 24934 Apply
Job Title: Associate, Development Engineering Packaging (Fresh Graduate)
Location: Kota Damansara, Selangor
Department: Research & Development
As an Associate, Development Engineering Packaging, you will be responsible for contributing to the technical development of new or revised packaging materials & products on global brands within the Home Cleaning or Pest Control categories. You will develop new products, line extensions, and assist with technology advancements that result in consumer preferred benefits. You will participate in cross functional teams under the supervision of a Global RD&E Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply new and existing packaging technologies towards the development of innovative new products and the enhancement of existing products
- Create packaging that consumers find appealing and easy to use, and allows SC Johnson to “win at the store shelf”
- Research materials and components for the development of cost-effective packaging to meet the needs of the consumer. Willing to gain knowledge in consumer insights and technical areas as necessary
- Contribute to the implementation of the company’s sustainability goals, including PCR (post-consumer recycled) content and improvements to reduce/reuse/recycle packaging.
- Develop and execute laboratory testing on packaging materials and create written reports to summarize findings, and clearly communicate results to project team and functional leadership
- Develop/update packaging specifications and bills of materials
- Support manufacturing line trials to refine packaging and product designs and ensure they can meet specification. Successfully transfer project and specifications to manufacturing.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in packaging or other relevant engineering disciplines (e.g. Mechanical, Materials Science, etc.)
- Fluent in English
- CAD Experience
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities
- Highly proactive and results-oriented approach
- Proficient in working with Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and SharePoint
- Able to build strong working relationships with cross-functional teams
Benefits & Culture:
SC Johnson is committed to providing a Great Place to Work for all its employees. Along with a competitive base salary, here are just some of the benefits you receive when joining the SC Johnson Family -
- Ongoing training and development
- Free onsite parking
- Subsidized fitness sessions
- Shindig Committee that put on regular events, lunches, parties, fun days
- Family-owned company, with a family feel
- Be a member of a company championing a better world through sustainability and environmental protection measures
SC Johnson Asia has been recognized as the Best Multinational Workplace by Great Place to Work®!
Not ready to apply? Sign up for Job Alerts.