Packaging Co-Op/InternshipRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 23407 Apply
SC JOHNSON IS A FIFTH-GENERATION FAMILY COMPANY BUILT ON THE SPIRIT OF OUR PEOPLE. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building iconic brands that win the hearts and minds of consumers – such as Raid®, Glade®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country around the world. Together, we are creating a better future – for the planet, for future generations and for every SCJ team member. Join our winning team of Wave Makers and Go Getters and help us write the next chapter in the SCJ story.
As a Packaging Intern in our Co-Op (Cooperative Education) program at SC Johnson, you’ll be involved in strategic projects that span a variety of product categories, packaging technologies and experiences. You’ll develop skills that will prepare you for a full-time career in Packaging Engineering. Program participants are evaluated and recruited for SC Johnson’s RD&E Rotational Program after graduation.
We are currently seeking Packaging students to fill Co-Op opportunities from either January-June 2024,June-December 2024, or January-June 2025.
Your Packaging Co-Op experience will focus on developing key skills in supporting global new product launches within multiple Research, Development & Engineering (RD&E) divisions and project work that includes identification, testing, qualification, and specification of components to meet project objectives.
Internship Benefits and Perks:
SC Johnson’s internships offer immersive experiences for top early career talent in our various business functions through hands-on, robust project work and comprehensive training programs. Through exposure to the company’s senior leaders, coaching and mentoring programs and networking opportunities, you’ll be set up with the support you need to thrive in our family company. As part of our internship experience, you’ll be considered in the priority pipeline for full-time roles at SC Johnson after you’ve completed your degree.
In addition to the real-world experience, you’ll gain through our internships, we’re pleased to offer interns several perks which help expose you to what it’s like to be part of a team working at SC Johnson full-time:
- Housing: Subsidized housing is available in Milwaukee and Chicago, helping interns to experience living in the areas surrounding our corporate and North America headquarters.
- Company Store: You’ll have access to our on-site company stores (Racine locations) to purchase SCJ products at a discount.
- Johnson Mutual Benefits Association (JMBA) Center: Visit the hub of SCJ recreation and fitness programs in Racine for 146 acres of outdoor activities at Armstrong Park and 50,000-square-feet of indoor space including the Raymond F. Farley Aquatic Center.
- Events: Enjoy getting to know fellow interns and networking with SCJ team members throughout the summer at events that encourage camaraderie and connection.
- Exposure to Senior Leaders: During your internship, you’ll connect directly with senior members of the organization to gain insights, ask questions, and present your project learnings.
- Training: We provide a formalized training program that includes topics such as SAP training, P&L training and others necessitated by the specific project(s).
- Coaching and Mentoring: From day one, you will receive support from an experienced manager and mentor to help answer any questions you may have along the way.
- Flexibility to participate in Summer Hours, which allows you to complete your work week by noon on Friday.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Core Packaging courses must be complete
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for current or future sponsorship for full-time employment
- Must be enrolled and seeking bachelor’s degree in Packaging Sciences, Packaging Engineering, or Materials Sciences & Engineering with a graduation date ideally set for:
- January-June 2024 co-ops prior to June 2025
- June-December 2024 co-ops prior to December 2025
- January-June 2025 co-ops prior to June 2026
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Strong analytical, technical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Goal-oriented, results-driven, and intellectually curious
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Excellent oral, written and communication/presentation aptitude
- Good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Time management and organizational skills
- Full time Monday- Friday
- 6 month Co-Op
- This position is not eligible for remote work
Equal Opportunity Employer
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.