SHE ManagerAmsterdam, Netherlands Job ID 12480 Apply
About SC Johnson
SC Johnson, a family company for the last 130 years, is one of the world’s leading makers of household brands. The company has operations in more than 70 countries and sells products in virtually every country around the world. We employ approximately 13,000 people globally and generate $10 billion in sales. SCJ’s product portfolio includes global brands such as Pledge®, Duck®, Mr. Muscle®, Windex®, Scrubbing Bubbles®, Glade®, Raid®, OFF!®, Baygon® and Ziploc®.
At the same time, we’ve established a generations-long legacy of environmental responsibility, community leadership and providing great places to work. We do this because we want to do what’s right for our business today, and also what’s right for people and the planet tomorrow.
We have an exciting opportunity for an SHE Manager based at our Europlant production facility.
As the Safety, Health and Environment Manager, you will lead the deployment of SC Johnson’s Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) management practices to ensure compliance with local legal requirements and SCJ global standards.
This is an extremely exciting time to join our global SHE organization as we seek to reinvigorate our processes, and we’re looking for a future leader who is passionate, engaging and able to bring people on board.
You will have an eye on the big picture. Ensuring alignment of SC Johnson’s overall safety, health and environmental strategies with site-level targets. In addition to this, you will interact with global and regional supply chain leaders to review progress on established objectives and review opportunities for continued success.
While the role requires, safety, health and environmental technical knowledge and experience, we’re looking for someone with strong leadership quality, who can develop and support “champions” within the site to drive day-to-day ownership for SHE.
As the SHE Manager, you will lead the site SHE team, providing coaching and mentoring to strengthen competencies associated with functional skills.
You will manage deployment of SHE compliance assurance, as well as managing internal audit systems, including behavior observation processes, that proactively identify potential SHE non-conformance.
Further key responsibilities include:
- Driving timely, effective closure of internal and external SHE audit findings.
- Collaborating with the site’s engineering and maintenance teams to ensure that inspections, testing and preventive maintenance activities associated with SHE-critical processes are defined and appropriately documented.
- Managing post incident investigation and communication and ensuring that corrective and preventive actions that address root causes are effectively deployed across the site.
- Leading the development and maintenance of training processes
- Verifying the accuracy of data in the company’s SHE database and analyzing the data to identify sub-standard performance and loss trends to address the underlying factors that contribute to injuries and illnesses, adverse environmental impacts and SHE process non-conformance.
- Leading the deployment of employee-led environmental, health and safety teams and facilitating engagement in ownership of activities
- Collaborating with Human Resources to effectively manage injury and illness claims and return-to-work programs.
- Maintaining awareness of proposed governmental or non-governmental organization SHE requirements and providing early input to other Company
Required Skills and Education:
To succeed in this role, you must have previous experience of a High-Hazard Chemical Processes environment. You will be passionate about SHE and keen to make and impact, with a collaborative and open style and approach. Some knowledge and experience of European Seveso Directive is required.
In addition to the above you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree from an academic university in Occupational Safety, Environmental Science, Engineering or related discipline
- Extensive SHE experience, with some demonstrable leadership responsibility in a global manufacturing organization
- Experience managing activities associated with the European Seveso Directive
- Ability to influence decisions based on providing appropriate fact-based rationale
- Experience in government relations and guiding organizations within a matrix structure, ideal
- Ability to interact with others, establishing open, candid and trusting relationships to create win/win outcomes is highly essential
- Effective communication skills that permit the clear and concise transfer of information to stakeholders
- Project management experience to enable prioritization and management of multiple projects to completion
- An advanced degree in Occupational Safety, Environmental Science or related discipline would be beneficial but is not essential.
What we offer:
This is a key role within the organization and for the right candidate there will be ample opportunity for long term career development and progression, including international opportunities. In addition to this, we offer flexibility and a high degree of autonomy and a real opportunity to make an impact and be recognized and rewarded.