Senior Analyst ProcurementArese, Italy Job ID 11837 Apply
SC Johnson has opportunities for a Senior Analyst Procurement – Arese, Milan, IT
Our internal job title at SC Johnson is Senior Analyst Procurement (Arese, Milan, IT)
ABOUT SC JOHNSON
SC Johnson (SCJ) is one of the world’s leading makers of household brands. The company has operations in more than 70 countries and sells products in virtually every country around the world. Its product portfolio includes global brands such as Pledge®, Duck®, Mr. Muscle®, Windex®, Scrubbing Bubbles®, Glade®, Raid®, OFF!®, Baygon® and Ziploc®.
The company has been making great products for more than 125 years and the same family that started the company still owns and runs it today. For over a century, spanning five generations, the Johnson family has demanded the best for families everywhere. We currently employ approximately 13,000 people globally and generate $10 billion in sales. At the same time, we’ve established a generations-long legacy of environmental responsibility, community leadership and providing great places to work. We do this because we want to do what’s right for our business today, and also what’s right for people and the planet tomorrow.
Reporting to the Procurement Operations Manager, you will be part of the Procurement Operations team that is responsible to ensure that suppliers meets the company’s standards and parameters by providing direct materials to the manufacturing plants (SC Johnson’s and 3PMs). You will be responsible for managing the supplier relationships in Europe for packaging components (in particular glass and electrical devices) and guarantee that they meet the Service Level Agreement. You will also interact with the Procurement Portfolio team that is responsible for the commercial negotiations with the suppliers, expanding your learning opportunities in Procurement.
In this position, you must take on a Procurement senior leadership role in Cross Functional and Regional Teams to deliver the Procurement objectives specifically agreed with Procurement senior management (these include among others, Customer Service goals, Cost Savings targets, Cash improvements and more). The results are delivered by using advanced Procurement skills, a “can-do” attitude and ability to build relationships at senior level in the organization that help to influence across functional, cultural and hierarchical boundaries. As part of a regional team, you need to be able to work virtually in a matrix organization with lost of interactions inside and outside of SC Johnson.
If you are passionate about Procurement and looking for exciting challenges in a FMCG organization, we’d like to hear from you!
Based in Arese - Milan, we can offer you a competitive salary and profit share as well as smart working. We care about the well-being of our people and other benefits include medical cover, life insurance, subsidy canteen and SCJ Holiday programme. The facilities in Arese include swimming pool, tennis court, games room and free parking.
- Direct Procurement Responsibility for Strategic/Key Supplier relationships within the region
- Collaborate with the portfolio team on the creation, negotiation and execution of legal contracts with suppliers to fully cover the spend in control
-Collaborate with the portfolio team to Identify and implement new cost savings projects in line with Global Procurement saving objectives
- Work cross-functionally on optimization projects and act as Procurement single point of contact in New Product Developments and Cost saving projects
- Secure on time supply of materials; build SLAs – service level agreements to proactively manage the supply risk
- Manage and foster key senior management relationships within the area
- Manage SRM – suppliers relationship management process Take part in the creation of Procurement Strategies and the regional strategy execution
- Seek and share best practices and develop synergies in key areas such as market analysis, cost modelling, risk analysis, benchmarking and development of Procurement Strategies
- Support introduction and roll-out of process optimizations within Procurement
- Manage the relationship between suppliers and key internal stake holders
- Support regional tenders and auctions
- Execute / lead assigned projects in a timely manner
- Produce periodic reports as required
- Own day-to-day activities with suppliers
- Manages price changes, price variances, cost cards and payment challenges if needed
- MSc or BSc degree in Business Administration or Engineering.
- At least 2 years of experience in Procurement (direct material preferred), or other Supply Chain functions like Logistics, Manufacturing, Planning - ideally matured in a multinational environment with strong desire to develop your career in Procurement. Knowledge of FMCG business and Packaging Procurement is considered a competitive advantage.
- Full proficiency in speaking, writing, and reading English. Italian is considered a competitive advantage.
- Availability to travel within the European region.
- Excellent communication skills to describe problems, coordinate people and meetings to resolve issues and ability to build and maintain relationships both internally and externally, at all levels.
- Ability to successfully negotiate and deliver optimal supply agreements through the development of strong business relationships and strategic alliances.
- Ability to work independently and manage results including business knowledge needed to achieve business targets.
- Excellent negotiation, financial analysis, problem solving and project management skills.
- Analytical mind-set, with good finance and cost saving understanding.
- Capability to focus on delivering requested service to internal customers.
- Ability to execute defined strategies.
- Excellent IT skills (SAP / Microsoft Excel / Word / Power Point).
- You need to be legally eligible to work in country of application.