Associate Production ManagerBay City, Michigan Job ID 11863 Apply
The Associate Production Manager is accountable for the defined business objectives of the Production Plant. These include Safety, Quality, Environment, Cost, Customer Service, Lean, Morale (Team Involvement and Development through deployment of Success Drivers and High Performing Autonomous Production Teams), and budget development and management. Reporting to the Lead Manager of Production, this position works closely with other Plant Support personnel including, Safety, Health, and Environment (SHE), Quality, Warehouse/Central Shipping Center, Training, Engineering, Facilities and Maintenance, and Planning to achieve Plant and Site KPI’s and deliver results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote and contribute to an incident and injury free work environment
- Develop, implement, and measure goals to optimize and continuously improve Safety, Quality, and Productivity performance.
- Continuous improvement of Production processes, systems, and tools, including reapplication opportunities inside and outside of home plant.
- Develop and implement budget and processes necessary to maximize the effects of new technologies, to speed the production of new products, and to continue the success of current strategies, while taking into consideration the direction of marketing and R&D, and the inputs from engineering and other teams.
- Launch and continue to coach and develop Autonomous Production Teams in a continuous improvement environment across multiple shifts
- Select, train, develop and coach team members across multiple shifts
- Performance Management – evaluation and development of team members
- Administer consistent and fair application of company and department policies
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Balance prioritization of the production operations needs in order to meet department and site goals with minimal direction.
- Develop and deploy effective communication methods for teams, shifts, departments, businesses, vendors, customers, etc. to share necessary information and accomplish both plant and site goals
- Participate in and contribute to project teams and task forces that are beyond the scope of immediate responsibilities
- Monitor, report, and take action on Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Implement Lean tools (CL’s, CIL’s 5S, Lean Loss Analysis, Standard Work etc.) to identify and eliminate losses
- Utilize Visual Factory to improve work flow
- Active member of Operations Leadership Team
- Lead Loss teams and Kaizens in Production areas
- Support and Lead initiatives/projects/teams at the site level
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in appropriate field required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Operations/Warehouse/Logistics Management with a minimum of three of those years of experience leading mid-to large size department/teams across multiple shifts
- Demonstrated commitment and actions to achieve high degree of safety awareness and focus
- Demonstrated ability of strong verbal and written communication to reach multiple audiences
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement business strategy to achieve target objectives and results
- Demonstrated ability to plan organize projects and activities
- Strong initiative for self and as a leader, with proven success in dealing with ambiguity and working independently
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, SAP, etc.
- Ability to work on backshift as needed (7pm-7am)
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Master’s degree in related field
- Evidence of Change Leadership
- Value Stream Mapping experience
- Experience in leading the implementation and utilization of Lean practices and tools strong preferred (Kaizen, PDCA, CL, 5S, APTs)
- Full time with operational support outside core business hours as needed to support the 24x7 Manufacturing environment.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunityand affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at262-260-3343or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law posterfor more information.